Username Origins

What it says on the tin...
midknight
Level 2
Level 2

Post by midknight »

eternal champions video game for sega genesis, i liked the character midknight's name so i started using it
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'd give you all three guesses, but I don't think you'd need that many.

It's actually the third or fourth one I've had. The first one I used was Gamma, based off E102-GAMMA from Sonic Adventure. There was then a slight variation of Deathgamma, which didn't last too long. It's my current eBay username though.

When Final Fantasy X came out, I fell in love with it, and subsequently registered for a few forums under the name FFXFan. This one's still floating around here and there, but isn't one that's used anymore.

And then..Gavvie. It was a nickname given to me by an old friend, and it stuck like glue. I've used it ever since and to be fair, I'm not sure what I'd want to change it to XD
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Well, my general handle over the interwebs is Red Arremer, which is an enemy from the Ghosts n Goblins series.
Option is based on the little orb powerups from Gradius. My nick before was Sherlock, which I think you don't need to be Sherlock to understand... ;)
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Hrm, are you a Gaffer?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Yes.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Neat.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Gavvie wrote:And then..Gavvie. It was a nickname given to me by an old friend, and it stuck like glue. I've used it ever since and to be fair, I'm not sure what I'd want to change it to XD

Gavvie is a combination of your first and last names, am I right?
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Blue_Tail_Fox wrote:I got my name after I had to shorten "TheFoxWithABlueTail" in 2010 when joining GameFAQs and accidentally used "Tail" instead of "Tailed". I chose "Blue" because it is one of my favorite colors, I chose "Fox" because I like foxes, and I have "Tail" instead of "Tailed" because I wasn't thinking and left out an "ed" from the word and didn't feel like changing it. When I started to join other sites, I just stuck with that name.

I like your username, as it's a cool combination of words.

That and it's pretty original, in my opinion.

You all have pretty cool names though, I gotta admit!
iheartsonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by iheartsonic »

Ummm, Iheartsonic is sorta self explanatory. I'll either use that or HaylzHedgehog these days :)
[insert super cool and witty siggy here]
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Started whenever a lad i know yelled it whenever i fell into a wooden fence, took it as a nickname then a youtube user name and now on here. Responsible for a few incidents lol