Username Origins

What it says on the tin...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Username Origins

Post by Twinny »

You know I been thinking...after BSF wanting his username changed....

How did everyone get their names? What's their origin?

Edit by Kaito-kun: I thought this was interesting enough to become a new topic and not just lost in the depths of the Chit-Chat thread, so I've separated it.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

You sneaky bugger mtwinny, you must have read my mind, as I was going to ask the same thing.

hunter - treasure hunter and the custom class I always made in Oblivion, called hunter
gemini - my Zodiac sign
Blue_Tail_Fox
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Blue_Tail_Fox »

I got my name after I had to shorten "TheFoxWithABlueTail" in 2010 when joining GameFAQs and accidentally used "Tail" instead of "Tailed". I chose "Blue" because it is one of my favorite colors, I chose "Fox" because I like foxes, and I have "Tail" instead of "Tailed" because I wasn't thinking and left out an "ed" from the word and didn't feel like changing it. When I started to join other sites, I just stuck with that name.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well... RS was the first Forum I joined. To think up of my first username was something I never forgot. I thought of what I liked the most being Sonic and my dream. So yeah... "Biggest Sonic Fan" was born.

Now to think about it, as I said before, the name is not original at all. Apart from that, it also is a childish name and my childhood dream(which still is one of my main goals).
My new chosen username, "Quills on Wheels"(as some of ya might have seen on the Marathon), is something that came to my mind one day at school. I was talking about the phrase "Meals on Wheels" when suddenly, the word "Quills" popped into my mind and I combined the 2 things together. Now I know "Quills" doesn't exactly rhyme with "Wheels" but it does somewhat sound nice and definitely a lot more original than my previous username. It explains somewhat to the reader that I'm a Sonic fan WITHOUT actually having the word "Sonic" or any other related terms.
I'm a lot more happier with it.

Sadly... I have only managed to change my Steam account's name to that. Traces of Biggest Sonic Fan are still out there...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

mtwinny wrote:You know I been thinking...after BSF wanting his username changed....

How did everyone get their names? What's their origin?
Mine is just a mixture of my actual name mixed with sonic.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I've actually had heaps of usernames over the years, but huntergemini is by far my favourite.

I also go by kilthar, which is a name I used in Oblivion for male characters.

Yes, I use a male name, despite being female.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Its my name :)

Simples :D
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Around four or five years ago a girl gave the name to me.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Like huntergemini, I've had a couple of nicknames in the past.

My previous nickname, (before RadioSEGA) was organiser64. A bit naff I know, but way back when I had my first email address (with a site called another.com), I went with the first thing that I grabbed out of my pocket, a digital "organiser" - an electronic phonebook / calendar and put my fascination for the Commodore 64 with it to make, organiser64 (my eBay username).

After my trip to America in 2007, I started looking into Sonic fansites as Sonic has always been in the mind somewhere after playing Sonic games on the Master System and Mega Drive over the years. After deciding it was time for a nickname change back at this point, I had trouble signing up to YouTube as I didn't want Simon and Shirley in there as a nickname alternative. After trying nicknames like sonicforever and sonicsms (which funnily is my AIM nickname which I seldom use - SMS being my initials), I swapped sonicforever to foreversonic, which was available and then started using that.

As to whether the nickname is foreversonic, ForeverSonic, or FS is another matter but I haven't worked that out yet!!
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's... it's Conker backwards. Yea I don't know, I kinda liked the game and decided to use it looked decent backwards when using it on RPGs so it stuck. Using it less now though for Oh No Melon, which I found to be a rather funny sound clip in .hack on PS2.