18+ Game: Katawa Shoujo

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

18+ Game: Katawa Shoujo

Post by Matty »

Should start off by saying its not recommended for under 18's for reasons that will become apparent after this next line

Its a Visual Novel made by a group of 21 4Chan users (See i told you so, but no, nothing bad so far)

Download link & info - http://katawa-shoujo.com/
Mirror site - http://katawa-shoujo.com.nyud.net/
Katawa Shoujo is a bishoujo-style visual novel set in the fictional Yamaku High School for disabled children, located somewhere in modern Japan. Hisao Nakai, a normal boy living a normal life, has his life turned upside down when a congenital heart defect forces him to move to a new school after a long hospitalization. Despite his difficulties, Hisao is able to find friends—and perhaps love, if he plays his cards right. There are five main paths corresponding to the 5 main female characters, each path following the storyline pertaining to that character.

The story is told through the perspective of the main character, using a first person narrative. The game uses a traditional text and sprite-based visual novel model with an ADV text box.
Just made it to Act 3 & has been some good moments to laugh at, the Story is well wrote and i'm impressed considering its all been done and released for free after 5 years hard work

If you have the time & this seems interesting i recommend you check it out
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Ok, depending on which route you take, i can guess its safe to say Act 3 is sort of NSFW or for those under 18 for obvious reasons :)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well, it is an eroge, though there's an option to skip all the adult stuff.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I heard there's a gay path too lul.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I heard this idea originally came from the designer of Valkyria Chronicles who even drew up a quick doujin for it.

Still, it's no bird VN.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Option wrote:I heard there's a gay path too lul.
Really now? Hmmmm...

I'm still waiting for a direct download link on the site. I'm not keen on torrents.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Really now? Hmmmm...

I'm still waiting for a direct download link on the site. I'm not keen on torrents.
What was wrong with the DDL I sent you? Might as well just go with the torrent though, since it's the only way to get it so far it'll be well seeded.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:What was wrong with the DDL I sent you? Might as well just go with the torrent though, since it's the only way to get it so far it'll be well seeded.
I tried it, but it failed to install, citing portions of the film being corrupted or missing.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Giving it a shot :I Seems interesting, haven't done these things since middle school.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Kaito If you can't get it to install let me know either on here or twitter & i'll host the file for you on my FTP thing.

So i finished the Emi route opinions below, and as for the Gay route
Click to reveal
Currently Aiming for the Rin route, i'm guessing i've got it as theres no mention of Emi or anyone else now
Click to reveal