Radio Redux (Season 7)

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Radio Redux (Season 7)

Post by Twinny »

Well, this was surprising to me, but not sure about the rest of you guys. But I feel this was probably justified for the sake of the show itself. Yes, Radio Redux will be leaving its former home of SEGASonic Radio and now will become a RadioSEGA-exclusive show for its upcoming seventh season this March.

The news from ArchangelUK himself from Sonic Wrecks:
Those of you who follow us will know that we publicaly mooted a while back that I was considering what to do with Radio Redux with the forthcoming series; specifically both where and how it was broadcast. This was also discussed amongst ourselves privately.

The reasons for this were several, including proposed changes in base content and production techniques of the show itself. However I have also been very frustrated by instances where SSR has been rather clumsy in its workings. For example: The recent post-Project 24 issue with changing the server details… and then not informing the DJs at all. There’s also been more than one occasion in the past where we’ve been signed up for things without actually being asked. Crikey, I didn’t even know who was in charge of SSR it had seemingly been hot-potatoed so much down the years.

There was also a feeling that Radio Redux has become such a part of the “Super Sunday Line-Up” it has in effect been swallowed up by it, losing what it was and that it seemed more of a part of SSR than being on SSR which doesn’t help SW in the long run. We were a part of the furniture, when in actuality we joined SEGASonic Radio as a favour to keep the service going back when livecasts could be numbered on a severely frostbitten hand and are still an entity not tied to TSSNET. It’s why Radio Redux shows were not allowed to be downloadable via TSS’s FTP all that time ago – we’re not here to produce free content for TSSNET after all, don’t they have enough people going there as it is? Image

So yes, I was rather leaning towards leaving. Especially since in contrast Radio SEGA have been highly promotional of Radio Redux as an entity from the moment we joined and became the first livecast to broadcast on both services.

This morning however there was an incident in which certain statuses and means were removed from myself on SSMB. Considering that factor had been mentioned on there, plus previous tweets on the matter (specifically that we were leaning towards indeed leaving) and other private factors I won’t go into here this did rather suggest the final decision had been apparently made. Hence my immediate response was, funnily enough, “Well nuts to you then!” This reaction hasn’t won me many friends surprisingly. I was later informed this change apparently was a mistake, unfortunately though it was enough to tip the balance from stay onto leave in my mind.

So we are. As of season seven Radio Redux will be exclusively live through our friends at Radio SEGA whom we are forging a closer partnership with and we will be looking to explore exciting new ventures at both show and site level in the future.

Though not fully understanding our reasons and whilst the air is not entirely clear either, we have privately been wished well in the future by TSS management who mentioned sadness as Radio Redux “made its name with SSR”. This left me with a bit of a sad smile to be honest, as it does rather sum it all up really. Radio Redux didn’t make a name for itself on SEGASonic Radio chaps… we already had one.

Radio Redux – Season 7 will commence from the beginning of March at our traditional Sunday seven o’clock timeslot.

Sooo, ain't this some news for RadioSEGA? I feel some people who been listening to his show from SSR must be a bit displeased at this but I'm sorry, AAUK made some really good points in that post there.

So anyone else want to have a say about this?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've been aware that this might happen for a few days now, and I reckon it's great news for our live show lineup this year.

Must say I'm a bit intrigued about extending our partnership via site and show level in the future. This isn't something I don't think I'm too aware of at present...