Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I encountered a lot of game freezes at times, where I would go back but the selection wouldn't appear. It's happening less and less but it does happen every once in a while.

One really interesting glitch I faced was during the versus race in the first tour when trying to unlock Amigo. I paused the game to do something and suddenly it just went bunkers. The sound completely stuffed up with random noises and my view suddenly changed to a first person view and I continuesly kept on glitching through the ground and falling to my death.
Surprisingly, I actually won that game as when I glitched, it seemed to have also disabled the AI, making it spawn behind me. So in the end, I kept on glitching through the ground till I reached the finish line and won. That was very odd but the first major glitch I'd come across.

The Narrator voice also seems to stuff up at times, saying things that are different to what's happening such as me coming up as 3rd place in Multiplayer while the Narrator congratulates me for coming in 1st place. Or when voting for a map to play online and while the vote was clearly higher in the other map, it chooses another map or the Narrator just calls the map something else.

The game certainly needs some bug fixing. That's for sure.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Oh yea did any of you try online multiplayer & found out you're restricted to players from your own country? Because that's what this port has Steam enabled: region-locked online play.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:Oh yea did any of you try online multiplayer & found out you're restricted to players from your own country? Because that's what this port has Steam enabled: region-locked online play.
I just assumed the match was filled with Brits and Europeans because they're the only ones that'd buy this game lol
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I've not encountered any offline bugs still.
Unless sometimes "swarm" is announced as something else when you get it.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

SEGA sure have a lot on their hands if all those glitches are happening. I'm no programming expert but I could imagine it would be very difficult and time consuming to solve these bugs with the game. I've not played it that much since I got it, but so far on single player I've not experienced any problems. Understandebly, the multi player will not fare as well.
Reknoc wrote:I just assumed the match was filled with Brits and Europeans because they're the only ones that'd buy this game lol
Ha! I love this comment everytime I look at it XD
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

metalgamer wrote:SEGA sure have a lot on their hands if all those glitches are happening. I'm no programming expert but I could imagine it would be very difficult and time consuming to solve these bugs with the game. I've not played it that much since I got it, but so far on single player I've not experienced any problems. Understandebly, the multi player will not fare as well.
Single player wise it's not that bad....there are still glitches in the Single Player, but not nearly as bad as the Multiplayer....and I was so disappointed with Custom Mode.

Sumo yet again fabricate something that just isn't there....they made Custom Mode sound like you can create playlists of tracks and your own GP iirc from one of their answers....and it turned out to be VERY bare bones....even more so then the last game's options...sure you get more variety this time around, but you have to navigate the menu EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO CHANGE TRACK OR GAME MODE! Ugh.....it's just.....not what I expected....and what made the last game's online decent for creating lobbies is gone....thanks to those Wii owners who moaned about only entering one lobby. -_-

The game is pretty much dead community wise due to the clumsy online scheme of making your own lobbies (you can't even publicise them if you wanted), the glitches and the forced "Voting" of tracks which seems to rotate on the unpopular tracks....they should have done MUCH better in this aspect.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Sumo Digital really screwed the pooch with this game.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

So I guess this game was met with a hell of a lot of controversy.

And since it's been out since this past weekend....footage of the 3DS version. The person also note his camera for a reason in the video concerning frame-rate I think.

Put under spoiler tag for reasons.
Click to reveal
Finally more details on ASRT 3DS. And it's coming out Feb 12th for North America. I need money...

Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I actually experience the game crashing during loading for the first time yesterday.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Dr Shaneman wrote:I actually experience the game crashing during loading for the first time yesterday.
That reminds me, did Sumo send that patch out yet?