Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:They're plenty of ways to overcome that wit Toejam and Earl.
I knew you were going to say that. Hell, they can probably pull off what Ages and TF2 can do in game.
Starlight wrote:LOL Yeah, but he did many things wrong...like kept adding days after the initial ones were on.

Missed a load of characters people also want in the game (I suggested Cain from Binary Domain).

I agree! I don't mind her as an overall character (despite not being a SEGA character), so it could only benefit the fans if they include more DLC.

It'd be strange when Dacina Patrick (who'm NO ONE in Europe heard of) got in the game and Miku (who is well known even outside of the internet) was not considered.
People are still wondering how Danica managed to be in this game. STILL. lol
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:
People are still wondering how Danica managed to be in this game. STILL.
That and Wreck-It Ralph.

I don't want a NASCAR & Disney adver-game (featuring SEGA.)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:That and Wreck-It Ralph.

In the case of Ralph, Sonic became a part of Wreck-It Ralph via cameo, so purely this was returning the favor?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

The guy who did the Classic Game Room review above probably said it best about the two guest characters:
"Two strange additions in this game: Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph. One of whom is a fictional character, the other is in Disney movies."

Tongue-in-cheek, I know.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:That and Wreck-It Ralph.

At least Ralph makes more sense.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah Wreck-it Ralph makes somewhat sense considering SEGA doing their end of the bargain. Though mind you, the fact that they put Ralph in their game as a playable character makes me feel as if Disney should have put Sonic a lot more in their movie. Perhaps as a proper sub-character.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I quite like Danica's inclusion. For one, it annoys people, and that makes me laugh. For two, it's great to have a well known female sportsperson involved in a game like this... I assume she's well known amongst Nascar fans, anyway.

Sumo said that the inclusion of Danica and Ralph did not detract from their selection of SEGA characters. Thus, we should ask, why did the selection feel so poor? It Danica and Ralph were separate from the character development, then why did they miss out key characters like Ryo Hazuki, etc? I still feel sad that Akira and Jacky missed out; I think Virtua Fighter is still a big enough franchise.

I can only hope/assume that they'll be adding more via DLC, but they kinda dropped the ball with the original ASR. There is a LOT of potential here... And yet last time they only had one track/character to show for it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Danica inclusion doesn't affect gameplay...So i don't understand why everyone is complaining
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I like Danica's inclusion more than Wreck-It Ralph's. Danica at least represents the Daytona USA franchise, which SEGA published games for. So it makes kindasorta sense. Ralph has nothing to do with SEGA games, though. I know, they had Sonic say something, and yes I also know that racing games have a big role in the movie, but frankly, that cross-promotion bothers me MUCH more than the one with a racing franchise SEGA has worked with before.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

Gonic wrote:Danica inclusion doesn't affect gameplay...So i don't understand why everyone is complaining
maybe sonic 06 comes to mind *cough* sonic + elise *cough*
Team Blaze Racing