Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Uh...yeah. Wii is dead now. No way SEGA is going back to that console anymore.
Nintendo did this with the Gamecube too if you may remember. As soon as the Wii was released, the Gamecube did not see any more releases. Literally.

Also, I'm reading that Danica Patrick will be playable in Sonc & All-Stars Racing Transformed... likely representing Daytona USA (probably meaning The King of Speed and Three Seven Speedway [or a reasonable facsimile] are pretty much locks for the game). As far as Danica, I haven't seen confirmation from CBS Sports, FOX Sports, or even ESPN at this point, but this is too big news to go unreported if correct. I'll post a link once I see one.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote:Nintendo did this with the Gamecube too if you may remember. As soon as the Wii was released, the Gamecube did not see any more releases. Literally.
Yeah, I remember: The final GC release was also a Wii launch title.
crippenstation wrote:Also, I'm reading that Danica Patrick will be playable in Sonc & All-Stars Racing Transformed... likely representing Daytona USA
I don't know who that is.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

crippenstation wrote:Nintendo did this with the Gamecube too if you may remember. As soon as the Wii was released, the Gamecube did not see any more releases. Literally.

Also, I'm reading that Danica Patrick will be playable in Sonc & All-Stars Racing Transformed... likely representing Daytona USA (probably meaning The King of Speed and Three Seven Speedway [or a reasonable facsimile] are pretty much locks for the game). As far as Danica, I haven't seen confirmation from CBS Sports, FOX Sports, or even ESPN at this point, but this is too big news to go unreported if correct. I'll post a link once I see one.
Already have all this on the front page!

I can tell when this game ships to Europe, most people there will have no idea in hell who Patrick is, or care. As for me as an American, I'm puzzled to why of ANYONE to be an unlockable character, they choose someone like her, I mean have SEGA seen the Go Daddy ads?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Yeah, I remember: The final GC release was also a Wii launch title.
Ah Twilight Princess...you know what's funny? The Wii's last main first-party title (Skyward Sword, if I'm correct) is the same series that ended the GC run and was launch title for the Wii. :P Full circle for Legend of Zelda on the Wii...

Kaito-kun wrote:I don't know who that is.
Second that, and many more.
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

crippenstation wrote: Also, I'm reading that Danica Patrick will be playable in Sonc & All-Stars Racing Transformed... likely representing Daytona USA (probably meaning The King of Speed and Three Seven Speedway [or a reasonable facsimile] are pretty much locks for the game). As far as Danica, I haven't seen confirmation from CBS Sports, FOX Sports, or even ESPN at this point, but this is too big news to go unreported if correct. I'll post a link once I see one.
I am worried bout this..... Its just a driver's excuse to get money.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Interesting article here from last year about the most popular NASCAR drivers that simply... don't win. Many are quite prominent names... some of which could've been picked instead (Tony Stewart, anybody?).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8151 ... o-dont-win

To mtwinny's point I second that on the GoDaddy.com ads, but she also does ads for Nationwide Insurance and Peak Antifreeze. Neither of those ads are nearly as risqué.

To Kaito-Kun's point on who that is...

[youtube]ppjv7w40Smc[/youtube]
Video courtesy ESPN the Magazine
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Reknoc wrote:Wait, it has land, sea and air? Spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing confirmed (just with worse music)? Hype has just gone from -100 to 1.
Wait, you're saying Diddy Kong Racing had a good soundtrack? I'm shocked, cause I felt the soundtrack of that game was insanely underwhelming.
crippenstation wrote:Interesting article here from last year about the most popular NASCAR drivers that simply... don't win. Many are quite prominent names... some of which could've been picked instead (Tony Stewart, anybody?).
Video doesn't work in my country. That said, why she was chosen is quite obvious - she's a girl. Sega has very little female characters that aren't from Sonic, so a female NASCAR driver would be not THAT bad of a choice. And I would think that her name's probably not that expensive in terms of rights cause she's not really a successful driver.

With that said, I would've preferred a Hornet to drive a Hornet as Daytona representation, and I will rage if Danica Patrick replaces Ulala.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Ah Twilight Princess...you know what's funny? The Wii's last main first-party title (Skyward Sword, if I'm correct) is the same series that ended the GC run and was launch title for the Wii. :P Full circle for Legend of Zelda on the Wii...
Hey now! There are still first party games coming out for the Wii. Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise is out soon!
crippenstation wrote: To Kaito-Kun's point on who that is...

[youtube]ppjv7w40Smc[/youtube]
Not available in my country.
Option wrote: Video doesn't work in my country. That said, why she was chosen is quite obvious - she's a girl. Sega has very little female characters that aren't from Sonic, so a female NASCAR driver would be not THAT bad of a choice.
There are female NASCAR drivers?! Well blow me down. Here was me thinking NASCAR drivers were all gun toting, beer swilling red-neck men...
Option wrote: With that said, I would've preferred a Hornet to drive a Hornet as Daytona representation, and I will rage if Danica Patrick replaces Ulala.
Seconded.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

All this addition will add really is "Why isn't <insert favourite SEGA character> in this but some Nascar racer is?" from pretty much everyone. I doubt there is much cross over between NASCAR watchers and people who play this game. Not really sure who this is supposed to appeal to.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

You do know it wasn't Sumo Digital's decision, but SEGA's. Rather, SEGA of America's decision.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010