Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Kaito-kun wrote:True, besides, why NASCAR? I could maybe understand F1 which is popular in many countries around the world, but isn't NASCAR is only popular in the Red states of the US?
Not fair statement. NASCAR is actually one of the most watched sports leagues on TV today... top 5 I believe. At one point it was #2, but I think it has dropped a bit since, behind college football at least. Do I watch it regularly? No. But I'll catch a little here and there.

FOX Sports is now reporting the news. Link: http://network.yardbarker.com/irl/artic ... o/10952564

It also mentions this crossover promotion as Danica will be driving a Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed car at a future race in Texas. I think it's the first SEGA themed NASCAR vehicle.

In case you're wondering what the biggest growing sport in America right now Kaito, it's soccer. The Euro 2012 tournament starts this weekend. I know off topic, but it's worth mentioning.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote:Not fair statement. NASCAR is actually one of the most watched sports leagues on US TV today... top 5 I believe. At one point it was #2, but I think it has dropped a bit since, behind college football at least. Do I watch it regularly? No. But I'll catch a little here and there.
Fixed that for you. I doubt anyone outside of the US really gives much of a damn about college football, nor NASCAR.
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

the #1 sport in the U.S. is the NFL (Amercian Football)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

xboy_in_da_house wrote:the #1 sport in the U.S. is the NFL (Amercian Football)
It is? Hell, I'm from New York, and to me American Football has fallen off the wayside in the past few years.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I would've thought baseball is #1.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

TheChaosBlue wrote:It is? Hell, I'm from New York, and to me American Football has fallen off the wayside in the past few years.
No it hasn't, the NFL is way popular than before and by the way the New York Giants won the Super Bowl this year
Option wrote:I would've thought baseball is #1.
it was #1 like 50 years ago
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

The only person whos right here is xboy(hey your SN changed!)

This is the list in order.
1)American Football
2)Baseball
3)Basketball
4)Hockey
5)Soccer (But its not internationally popular)
Soccer is not that popular and its popularity is growing....slowly. Most Americans don't like it cause...well they find it boring including me. Its popular among US children! You can say that.
crippenstation wrote: NASCAR is actually one of the most watched sports leagues on TV today... top 5 I believe. At one point it was #2.
Um...no. In southern states yes but internationally....no. It's true that its losing popularity.

You can say its the most popular racing sport here in the US but against the all the other sports...no competition.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

You gotta think the crashes were amongst the reasons of NASCAR's brief rise in popularity. That's why America's Funniest Home Videos (aka AFV) is still on. But you can't deny it has its hardcore fans - I know a few personally even right here in Nebraska.

International popularity is something NASCAR has missed to boat at though. If the NFL can have a yearly game in Europe - why can't NASCAR have a race in Europe? I mean the IRL has international races. So does Formula 1. Just a thought.

Option, you're really out of touch of pop culture if you think anything BUT the NFL is the #1 TV sports event in the US. Especially when the Super Bowl breaks viewing records year after year.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote: International popularity is something NASCAR has missed to boat at though. If the NFL can have a yearly game in Europe - why can't NASCAR have a race in Europe?
Because we in Europe can find something appealing about American football. It's like rugby, but with more glitz and adverts. Nascar on the other hand? Why would we want to watch saloon cars drive around an oval when we can watch F1 cars - with their rocket engines and stuff - drive around interesting circuits? You know, with turns and stuff.

But yeah, back on topic. That Vyse chap from Skies of Arcadia is playable in this one, right? CapnCloudchaser should be happy.