Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Starlight wrote:I agree with you regarding other SEGA characters having a priority over others, but I am impartial to Miku.

I VM'd you as well! I was shocked to find someone from the area here of all places to be honest! :3

The first post in the thread says yes since he even quoted S0L on it (and I know which thread he extracted it from).

Seems he's worried since IGN UK, Kotaku as well as NeoGaf have caught onto the thread also.

I am very happy that Ristar is there, despite being another Sonic Team character (I am a fan of Shinobi Team moreso...as I am a Streets of Rage/Valkyria Chronicles fan) but I am happy to see him up there. :3
So it is official. At least there's better control this time around.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

TheChaosBlue wrote:So it is official. At least there's better control this time around.
I know the petition starter as I talk to him via Skype...he was disappointed at how flawed it was...but wishes to make it much more robust should we get another chance.
BurningFlame2010 wrote:Meaning you have to max level all characters, great. That license will be a pain.
As well as stickers and Time Trials.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Soooo pretty much you all heard about the six picks that have gotten 1000 signatures when the deadline hit. if not here they are:
Ryo Hazuki,
Bayonetta
Ristar
Vectorman
Segata Sanshiro
Hatsune Miku.

If your fav didn't make the cut don't worry, these picks may be shot down by SEGA anyway. tho it's painfully obvious Miku can't be considered regardless.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Starlight wrote:I know the petition starter as I talk to him via Skype...he was disappointed at how flawed it was...but wishes to make it much more robust should we get another chance.
To be honest; something like this isn't going to be clean. Specially if there's an element that will stir up issues among the community.

EDIT: In Miku's case; yeah we know we will NEVER be considered, but think outside the box. She's big in Japan right? From a marketing perspective SEGA can reap the profits if she was included in ASRT over there. Provided the promotion was right that's good marketing. This is all from a BUSINESS standpoint outside the normal train of thought.

And cmon, she's more closer to SEGA in name than Danica Patrick...lol

But this is reality and it's very likely she isn't getting in. So yeah.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Reknoc, ASRT is available at ASDA for £25 as well. I think that was the limited edition version.

I'm really disappointed with the lack of Streets of Rage characters. What is with that? Is there a dispute with SEGA on SoR's license or something? Because I can imagine the perfect Streets of Rage track for ASRT. I know this is for characters, but a Streets of Rage track would be the best thing ever.

Anyway, SEGATA was always going to be a fan favourite. Ryo is very likely since he was in the last one. Bayonetta would actually be pretty cool, and I'm hopeful that she is seriously considered. Don't really care for Vectorman, and Ristar is already the flagman, so I don't see him appearing as a character.

Welkin in the Edelweiss would have been the bestest :(
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Toejam and Earl got 1015 votes! Has no one checked the result the pention closed on???
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:Toejam and Earl got 1015 votes! Has no one checked the result the pention closed on???
Yes I have. But wasn't their a one-person-in-a-car rule this time around for the game according to Steve Lycett? Since they are two distinct characters it wouldn't work sadly.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Yes I have. But wasn't their a one-person-in-a-car rule this time around for the game according to Steve Lycett? Since they are two distinct characters it wouldn't work sadly.
They're plenty of ways to overcome that wit Toejam and Earl.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Hi! Why is it I'm only here every few weeks it seems? Anyway, Classic Game Room just put up their review of SASRT. Enjoy another positive review and the occasional bit of humor.

[youtube]AFYES2-4ydk[/youtube]
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

TheChaosBlue wrote:To be honest; something like this isn't going to be clean. Specially if there's an element that will stir up issues among the community.

EDIT: In Miku's case; yeah we know we will NEVER be considered, but think outside the box. She's big in Japan right? From a marketing perspective SEGA can reap the profits if she was included in ASRT over there. Provided the promotion was right that's good marketing. This is all from a BUSINESS standpoint outside the normal train of thought.

And cmon, she's more closer to SEGA in name than Danica Patrick...lol

But this is reality and it's very likely she isn't getting in. So yeah.
LOL Yeah, but he did many things wrong...like kept adding days after the initial ones were on.

Missed a load of characters people also want in the game (I suggested Cain from Binary Domain).

I agree! I don't mind her as an overall character (despite not being a SEGA character), so it could only benefit the fans if they include more DLC.

It'd be strange when Dacina Patrick (who'm NO ONE in Europe heard of) got in the game and Miku (who is well known even outside of the internet) was not considered.