Games with high replay value

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Klaimen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Klaimen »

huntergemini wrote:I've seen this mentioned on the PS Store, actually. Kinda sounds like a game version of "Life After People" the way you've described it! Which is awesome, might I add.
I have never seen it, but from what I know about it, that could be pretty accurate! Tokyo Jungle has a very weird background story, tho. Don't want to spoil it, but mankind messed up big time there! :)
huntergemini wrote:I've got a few games that I consider to have high replay value, such as the Silent Hill HD collection (multiple endings)
Yeah, Silent Hill games have high replay value. I wouldn't recommend the HD collection though. Konami shall get punished for creating such bad ports!
----Always look beyond your eyes with your song----
Visit my website: Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Hauke wrote:Yeah, Silent Hill games have high replay value. I wouldn't recommend the HD collection though. Konami shall get punished for creating such bad ports!
Too late, I've already got it. And as someone who has never played the original versions (since I couldn't find them anywhere and my family wouldn't use eBay and the like) I haven't got a problem with them. In fact, I'm glad HD ports/remakes exist, because people like me can play games that were impossible to find.
Click to reveal
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

If I remember rightly, one of the HD ports had a completely different voice cast to the original game, though it might've been that one had a completely new cast, and the other a new re-recording.

Either way, it's more Silent Hill 2 HD that's a bit on the crap side. Silent Hill 3 HD, for the most part, is untouched.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Gavvie wrote:If I remember rightly, one of the HD ports had a completely different voice cast to the original game, though it might've been that one had a completely new cast, and the other a new re-recording.
As I said, I haven't played the original versions, but I do know that SH2 lets you choose between "old" or "new" voices when starting a new game. SH3 doesn't have a choice and according to a wiki I read, the actors are all new.

Somehow I imagine Heather didn't have a whiny voice in the original version though...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Haven't they improved it a lot for the PS3 version? I know a major shit storm was kicked up when they announced the new voices so they eventually yielded and added in the old ones as well. And then people complained because it was an awful port, then they patched it. Then people complained because they only patched the PS3 version, so they... didn't do shit about it and gave some weak excuse.

Still this is probably the best thing to come out of it: http://www.destructoid.com/silent-hill- ... 4421.phtml

Well, that and this:

[youtube]m8vyYASGFCI[/youtube]
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

huntergemini wrote: "Mo" is for Monster, Captain! The Devil who rules the seas!
I like you.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Reknoc wrote:Then people complained because they only patched the PS3 version, so they... didn't do shit about it and gave some weak excuse.
Yeah, not quite sure why the 360 version wasn't patched. Bit odd.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah, not quite sure why the 360 version wasn't patched. Bit odd.
The rumour goes that Konami couldn't afford/didn't want to pay the fees Microsoft were asking for a patch.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Ah, now that I have heard of, mainly because Fez (great game) had the same issue. Isn't it something ridiculous like $10,000 just to patch a game post-release?

In Konami's case, I can't imagine that they don't have the finances to fund a patch, so yeah - probably is just tight.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Kaito-kun wrote:I like you.
Aww shucks~

So anyway, back to the topic; I've noticed that JSR HD has a bit of replay value, mostly due to beating high scores and collecting those damn graffiti souls.

Also, I haven't been getting bored as easily now, which is great 'cause normally most of the games I have I would have stopped playing by now. I don't really bother with trophies though, but I do try to get collectables and whatnot.