Summer of Sonic 2012

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:I know there are people complaining on twitter about the Venue being promised to hold 2000 people (which i dont remember) and it being bunked down to 870
870? Wonder why the number went down...well in that case half the tickets are sold.
Gonic wrote:Who is actually going to SoS this year? People are saying one thing here and another thing on twitter

I doubt it. You need ID with the tickets to get in. Thats what it says tho
With a definitive no from me and mtwinny. We don't have the money or situation to travel anywhere. We have high school graduation coming up. :p
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

TheChaosBlue wrote: With a definitive no from me and mtwinny. We don't have the money or situation to travel anywhere.
Count me out! I can't go either, (because of my age and location)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The Hove Centre doesn't hold 2000 people, that was the size of the venue that was originally being sought.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I thought i said that :O
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Whoever had the idea of not just holding it at literally right at one end of the country, but also at the end that requires you to pay your life savings in travel costs to get through/around the edge of the London region to get there deserves a good hard kick in the balls.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The Captain wrote:Whoever had the idea of not just holding it at literally right at one end of the country, but also at the end that requires you to pay your life savings in travel costs to get through/around the edge of the London region to get there deserves a good hard kick in the balls.
If you did that, the whole convention would not happen then! XD But really there's good reasoning for the change in location.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

The Captain wrote:Whoever had the idea of not just holding it at literally right at one end of the country, but also at the end that requires you to pay your life savings in travel costs to get through/around the edge of the London region to get there deserves a good hard kick in the balls.
That would be directed towards Dreadknux, Gavvie (I believe), and the rest of the SoS staff then. And you wouldn't want that would you?
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

I 'ate you, Gavvie!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

The Captain wrote:I 'ate you, Gavvie!

Lol for the win Captain! XD
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Well better that end of the country than say Cornwall, from our points of view at least. If only it had been held in Inverness - may have put some people off so I'd have a ticket by now!

A real shame a bigger venue couldn't have been chosen though - the capacity is less than last year's turnout, so a sellout was never that unlikely.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead