Summer of Sonic 2012

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Oh I only hope I can one day go to one of these places, whether it's SoS or Boom. Once day... I'll go to one of them.
Nemain
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Nemain »

If T-Bird and the Blue Tits dancers are not on stage this year I WILL be disappoint.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Well that was a terrible choice of location. At least the capitol was easy - if expensive - to reach.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The choice of venues at affordable prices in London this year, considering the sizes we were interested in, just weren't available, hence the need to look elsewhere.

Besides, Brighton isn't that much harder to reach, nor is it more expensive. Train tickets aren't more than a tenner each way from London if booked in advance.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Ehhh, I know I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, I was never planning on going, but thinking of things from a Northern point of view it's even more of a hassle than it would have been previously.

For example: If I were planning on going via train from the North it would mean additional travel time - including the new extra hour train from London and however long it takes to change trains in London, which of course would mean navigating the tube to get from Euston or King's Cross to Victoria or London Bridge - plus the extra expenses to cover the new train(s).

I'm quite lucky; my nearest station is right on the West Coast Mainline - which means a straight run down to London - but others aren't so fortunate; getting all the way down South to London can be awkward enough for some, surely the organisers could have thought things through a bit more before venturing even further south. In terms of accessibility Birmingham or Manchester would have been a much better decision for all.

Gaah, why am I getting so worked up about this? To anyone who is planning on going, I sincerely hope you enjoy yourselves.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

I am going to Cry.. But not from excitment!! Whyyyyy??? :sadgoodbye: I hope someone posts videos.. I can't even imagine how much it would cost to get there...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

It's even worse for me; I'm on the U.S. East coast, technically in the middle between both SoS and Boom.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Still, I can't afford it, I don't know about you..
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

whooa21 wrote:Still, I can't afford it, I don't know about you..
Same here; and I have much important matters then.