A Quick Rant. Kindly Excuse Me.

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

mtwinny wrote:Well there are things I do outside of talking SEGA stuff (like life :I ) but if more SEGA talk is mandatory on the boards, which I approve as well, it's gonna take time for me to do so. I don't wanna sound harsh but my memory of SEGA isn't quite top notch to make a full blown discussion on a SEGA-based topic.

I don't know if this is clear enough so maybe someone can clarify this....
Talk besides SEGA stuff is okay, and talking about SEGA stuff is not mandatory, but really recommended to expand further talk about its past successes. Heck, you can even chatter about it!

Also, if needed, there's always Wikipedia and SEGA Retro.

And to clarify: there's just too much Sonic on the boards, please talk about other past SEGA successes, don't turn most threads into a Sonic thread.

There. :3
I live here now!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

...Hey, this turned into another one of those SAWNIK disscussion threads!

And I agree that most newcomers are drawn here based on SEGA's mascot, but can you blame them? This may be a SEGA-themed site, but I don't mind if the requests here are Sonic related. Hell, if they actually chat instead of joining and seemingly dropping dead, I'm fine.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

TheChaosBlue wrote:And I agree that most newcomers are drawn here based on SEGA's mascot, but can you blame them? This may be a SEGA-themed site, but I don't mind if the requests here are Sonic related.
But...but... Space Harrier! D:

TheChaosBlue wrote:Hell, if they actually chat instead of joining and seemingly dropping dead, I'm fine.
I agree with this... Because it's annoying when people join, post maybe once or twice, then leave. Or in the case of my friend... Join and never post at all. But if he's busy, well, that's understandable.

I also kinda wish there were more girls here who aren't obsessed with Sonic.

You know, girls like me! X3
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

huntergemini wrote:But...but... Space Harrier! D:

I agree with this... Because it's annoying when people join, post maybe once or twice, then leave. Or in the case of my friend... Join and never post at all. But if he's busy, well, that's understandable.

I also kinda wish there were more girls here who aren't obsessed with Sonic.

There was one here as far as I was aware of who had an obsession with Sonic....but that's the past.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Shadid wrote:Talk besides SEGA stuff is okay, and talking about SEGA stuff is not mandatory, but really recommended to expand further talk about its past successes. Heck, you can even chatter about it!

Also, if needed, there's always Wikipedia and SEGA Retro.

And to clarify: there's just too much Sonic on the boards, please talk about other past SEGA successes, don't turn most threads into a Sonic thread.

There. :3

Ah...thanks for the clarification! I'd figured since this was a SEGA-themed message board, SEGA itself would be the top priority at all times in terms of discussion.

And why haven't I used SEGA Retro for reference that much? D'oh! XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Reknoc wrote:Image
I LOL'd XD

It's all SEGA's fault. Last year was the 20th Anniversary, so it was all about Sonic. Sure, we have other anniversaries too, like NiGHTS, but well, SEGA are gonna squeeze the money where they can.

I can't even think of many non-Sonic franchises in development right now... We've got Yakuza, Binary Domain... What else is there?

Gavvie is right too though, it's up to the community to keep posting more SEGA/less Sonic stuff.

Least you never heard much Sonic music on Sword of SEGA ;)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Last year was Puyo Puyo's 20th as well, yet there wasn't that big a deal about it...well, I suppose there was in Japan.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Gavvie wrote:I try, believe me I do try, but when all the requests seem to be Sonic related, it's hard.

If I have to pick tracks myself though I tend to be a bit more diverse.
I know ya do. I'm not placing blame on you or anything. Our listeners as a whole do request alot of Sonic stuff o_o
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

TheChaosBlue wrote:There was one here as far as I was aware of who had an obsession with Sonic....but that's the past.
I said girls who aren't obsessed with Sonic...

Just forget about it.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

huntergemini wrote:But I thought you played the Streets of Rage games?
Yes yes I used to play them. And I enjoy them. But it's not really my strongest point. And not many discuss about Streets of Rage.

huntergemini wrote:I also kinda wish there were more girls here who aren't obsessed with Sonic.

Oh you have no idea. I WISHED I had a real life female friend who was obsessed with Sonic. That would be... unreal.