A Quick Rant. Kindly Excuse Me.

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

A Quick Rant. Kindly Excuse Me.

Post by Kaito-kun »

Something just struck me about the RadioSEGA forums. Now, this is going to sound controversial and I'm not intending to be spiteful or mean or bitter or anything along those lines, so I apologise in advance; I just want to vent some frustrations that have been building up for a while now so please just bear with me for a moment. I'm going to come right out and say it:

There is too much Sonic The Hedgehog on this site.

I know many of you are going to immediately reply with "Well duh, he's SEGA's biggest franchise of course there's going to be Sonic stuff." Well you're right. I accept and except there to be Sonic but well, there comes a point where it gets a little tiresome. It feels like I'm drowning in blue blur related nonsense: Sonic game discussions, Sonic & Friends in most avatars, Sonic wallpapers in the wallpaper thread, Sonic merch in the purchases thread, Sonic and friends in the ranking/mod titles, non-Sonic threads turning into Sonic discussions, Sonic in signatures, Sonic or Sonic references in usernames, Sonic events, Sonic news Sonic, Sonic, Sonic...It's too much!

I know it's probably just me over-reacting a bit and it's probably more SEGA's fault for trying to push him down our throats more than there other franchises, but can we please have a bit more diversity around here? It's a SEGA site, not just a Sonic site. SEGA have given us some delightful franchises over the years: Streets of Rage, Puyo Puyo, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Phantasy Star, Outrun, After Burner, NiGHTS, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter, Virtual-On, Sakura Wars, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, House of the Dead, Samba de Amigo, Rez, Shenmue, Super Monkey Ball, Yakuza, Total War, Valkyria Chronicles and all that good stuff Platinum have throw our way of late. Let's see some of them represented a bit more! Besides, quite a few of them are a lot better than Sonic has been recently.

And yes, before you point it out, I'm aware of the irony that by complaining about Sonic means I'm adding to the list of Sonic related content on the forums. Don't feel the need to point it out.

/rant
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I agree 100%. Pretty sure we complained about this before on other threads a lot. Some users here always turns a thread that has NOTHING to do with sonic about him. It does get annoying but it isn't as bad anymore than it was last year.
Kaito-kun wrote:Besides, quite a few of them are a lot better than Sonic has been recently.
Most of them are better than Sonic.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

-Looks at username-

Erm...sorry D:?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I'd argue there's not enough Sonic.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I actually would love discussion to start to revolve around things that aren't just Sonic, but it's not something you can force through. It does have to be something that starts with the forum members.

Doesn't help that SEGA don't really do too much that isn't Sonic as a developer though, most of their games these days seem to be via publishing.

It is a shift that needs to occur, however, and on a personal standpoint I will try to cover a broader variety of SEGA goodness.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Well, I knew that someone had to speak up.

Yes, it's grating to see most of the topics about the blue hedgehog. To be honest, I didn't really want to talk about SEGA mostly when I joined; I just wanted a place to chat.

And yes, I'm not entranced into much SEGA-lure as most of you guys are. I'm mostly indenfied with Sonic more and Sonic Team properties. Ironic seeing as I really didn't enjoy being on the SSMB, dispite there being the self proclaimed 'Most Mature Sonic-themed Message board On the Net', and figuring I would fit in there.

...Actually, i'm not sure if that is ironic.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:There is too much Sonic The Hedgehog on this site.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I agree with you Kaito: I haven't played a Sonic game Sonic Adventure so steer clear of the discussions.

At least I'm repping with the Dynamite Cop themed username though innit.
Tic Tac, sir?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hmm... Well then you're saying I should possibly change my Avatar and sig, don't post any Sonic Purchases(though they're the only SEGA purchases) and don't talk in Sonic threads?

I'll... try.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Personally, I don't have a problem with the Sonic series, but when people go on about it and forget about Sega's other series, well... then it's a problem. I mean, this isn't Radio Sonic, is it?