The Video Game Cool Facts Thread

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Here's something that Capcom never turned into a feature. Ken can fire a red fireball on Street Fighter 2. You gotta throw the Hadouken at a very specific time. Yes they gave it to Ryu but Ken never had it as an actual attack. They always come out at random it seems like.

I'm sure most of you Street Fighter fans already know this though.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Changed the topic title, how's it looking now?

DID YOU KNOW that Sonic the H-no, just kidding XD

The Konami code was originally a code that the director of Contra coded in himself so that he could complete it, as it was too hard to complete, even for him. The game shipped before he had a chance to remove the code, and nobody else knew it was in there.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Darksiders II was going to have a multiplayer mode, but the guys making it decided to drop the idea, due to technical problems and not having developed the other Horsemen individually.

But they're going to try to get them into the game somehow, so I've read.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The Silent Hill artists used Kindergarten Cop as reference for the school, and the posters around the school are taken directly from the film.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Reknoc wrote:The Silent Hill artists used Kindergarten Cop as reference for the school, and the posters around the school are taken directly from the film.
The original Silent Hill? Oh man, if so... I gotta check that out when I get to the school!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Wii Play has sold around twice as much as Halo 3, shifting some 16 million copies.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Ninja Gaiden 2 for the NES had a hidden and unused song called "Inevitiable".
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

The first video game Easter egg is thought to be in Atari’s 1979 Adventure. It is the name of the programmer, Warren Robinett.

Final Fantasy got its name from the fact that its creator, Square co-founder Hironobu Sakaguchi, intended it to be his last video game, using up the remainder of Square’s money after a number of unsuccessful projects.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

When Final Fantasy was released on the NES in 1990 after the Japanese one got way popular, other sequels were made, but not released onto the US, due to low popular demand. When the SNES came out, they obviously made Final Fantasy IV to Super Famicom. But to western SNES's, it was released, but under the name "Final Fantasy II", which completely screwed up the continuum for the series. Same thing happened to Final Fantasy VI, which was renamed Final Fantasy III.

When the PlayStation got released, Squeenix actually wanted the series to have the same sequels around the world, so when Final Fantasy VII was released, it was properly named Final Fantasy VII, forcing Square to re-release all previous prequels up until now.

Mostly it's gamer knowledge, but its fun to share!
I live here now!