Turbo Drive Live to Broadcast on RadioSEGA!

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Turbo Drive Live to Broadcast on RadioSEGA!

Post by Gavvie »

I'm very happy to announce that, whilst SEGA:Sonic Radio is offline for maintainance, we will temporarily be hosting Turbo Drive Live every Friday night, before foreversonic's SEGA AGES.

Turbo Drive Live has the distinction of being SSR's longest ever radio show, having not missed a show in..well, a while. I want to say 4 years but I'm not actually too sure on that. Each week, Turbo will recap the week's news as well as generally have a natter about anything and everything that comes to mind, as well as playing your Sonic music requests.

Turbo Drive Live on RadioSEGA will debut next Friday (10th Feb) at 8pm UK Time.

NB: Just to reconfirm, TDL will only be airing on RadioSEGA until SSR has reopened. After that, we are expecting it to move back to being an SSR-only broadcast.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I've never actually tuned in to TDL, or many of the SSR shows to be honest. I'll definitely tune in next week though and check out what I've been missing!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I take it this is an hour long show and SEGAAGES will follow at 9pm as per usual.

Also, who's Turbo?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

This will be interesting....another show premering on RadioSEGA but it's originally not part of RadioSEGA....I can already see the chatroom probalby having an influx of people over from The Sonic Stadium...

....now if Turbo can manage not to overrun that much.....
Kaito-kun wrote:I take it this is an hour long show and SEGAAGES will follow at 9pm as per usual.

I fear for this.
Also, who's Turbo?

Son, I am dissapoint.

Just kidding, Turbo's a nice dude who hosts his own show (coined LiVECAST) over at SEGASonic Radio called Turbo Drive Live. And as Gavvie mentioned, the longest running show there in terms of weekly broadcasts. Not sure about his personal life though or what he does for a living.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun wrote:I take it this is an hour long show and SEGAAGES will follow at 9pm as per usual.

Also, who's Turbo?
He's a longtime SSR DJ & member of The Sonic Stadium, and has also DJ'd at every Summer of Sonic convention to date. Not too sure if he's done much outside of TSS, however.

And yeah, TDL is an hour long show, with SEGA AGES to follow on at 9pm as per usual. Nothing's changed there.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Turbo arrives, no doubt there'll be some regulars from Sonic Stadium's IRC willing to to migrate over here to listen. As long as Turbo keeps his show condensed enough, should be just like old times.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

If we're nice to them, hopefully they'll stay!
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

What's being done to spread the word? I haven't seen any announcement regarding the move on any website besides RadioSEGA. Obviously the loyal listeners should know.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

crippenstation wrote:What's being done to spread the word? I haven't seen any announcement regarding the move on any website besides RadioSEGA. Obviously the loyal listeners should know.

Aside from Twitter, I haven't heard from SSR/TSS about it, so...yeah the usual promtion-like 'tactics'; i.e. not much from what I heard of.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Seeing as SSR is offline for repairs and the like, they're not going to be promoting anything at the moment. Turbo himself had promoted a little bit last Friday via his Twitter (@TURBOXLR), and I imagine he'll do more in the next couple of days as well.