Poll: Possible Forum Merger with E-On?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

Would You Support a Forum Merger with E-On?

Yes, I would.
56%
No, I wouldn't.
44%

Total votes: 18

Scarred Sun
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Scarred Sun »

Honestly, I think a lot of you are overthinking the whole ordeal. I've been through both good and bad mergers, and I don't think the two forums aren't incompatible in any way.

Why not just do a "dry run" and see how it would work out for a couple of weeks if things seem that scary?

EDIT: With that being said, I'm going to go spam some Let's Go Away requests while I'm logged in. :P
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I do trust Gavvie and you guys so if you say it will be good for the community to merge then be my guest. I just hope it doesn't back fire. :/
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I like the idea of a merger. The more the merrier. If it brings a craploads of Sonic lovees who have to keep talking about crap like in which game his eyeballs looked the best i'm going to have to ban myself for constantly ripping the piss out of people.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'll have to read the posts on the last 3 pages again later but here's my opinion.

I guess the right thing to say would be to say "Go for it!" Since it'll help RadioSEGA a lot. And by that, I really mean A LOT. But it's like some one else said, we'll lose a bit of RadioSEGA.

Now I personally don't mind RPs. I enjoy them and join a number of them in other forums. They are pretty fun actually. But what bothers me is that I really enjoy this small community of RS. Perhaps it's the small community that kept me hear. If it was a big community with lots of forgettable members, I would have long gone to some other Sonic Fan Forums.

But it's the community. Everyone knows each other here and it's fun to discuss things with each other. Bringing in 3 other websites here would prove a very large community. I would probably not know 10s of members and RS wouldn't be the same.

If ya ask me, I would say to not merge with them. I like RS how it is.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

So, RP seems to be one of the problems huh?

Well...I haven't been a part of one of those, so I can't judge.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

Option wrote:I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nice Futurama reference.
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

It also reflects my opinion. I can see both positives and negatives, but to be frank, I think in the end, it is Gavvie's call.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Option wrote:It also reflects my opinion. I can see both positives and negatives, but to be frank, I think in the end, it is Gavvie's call.

At this point, I agree. no matter what our opinions are, it seems that Gavvie really wants this to succeed, so just let it happen and let the future decide itself.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Guess that's true.

I wouldn't mind both ways really. I always had considered to join SW or TSS one day. I wouldn't mind them coming to our place.

But yeah, Gavvie's choice.