Poll: Possible Forum Merger with E-On?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

Would You Support a Forum Merger with E-On?

Yes, I would.
56%
No, I wouldn't.
44%

Total votes: 18

Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Kaito-kun wrote:Also, I don't trust any forum with a "Role-Playing" subforum.
^^^^
I was going to be neutral until i saw this

Over the years i've been on a fair few forums for different things wether it be a certain youtuber, a gaming forum or even anime ones. Each one of them were going along well till they started Role Playing, now you log into the forum and see 70 unread posts.... AWESOME! 69 of them are in Role Playing threads

I have no issue with Role Players per se but they drag forums down and always manage to de-rail forums, hell i've seen it in some threads about what they did "oh i saw a man get hit by a car" "Hey, didn't bob in the RP get hit by a car? wow"

Get rid of the RP'ers and all is well :)

Look at it this way, you go to a gaming forum to generally talk about gaming, You wouldn't walk into a shoe shop & ask for a pound of bacon would you?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

After digging through some of SW forums i still say no. Seeing some of their threads and discussions at SW i feel like its going to destroy the community we have here. New members would be great but you want to bring another community thats completely different from ours. They created their world and we created ours, you shouldn't combine them in my opinion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote: I suppose, if you want to cut it down to its most basic of levels, we want to rename our forums Entherial Online, and invite Sonic Wrecks, Emerald Coast & SEGA Media in on the party.
In that case I feel I should change my viewpoint from my original status of "Ehhhhhh...No" to that of KillerFrenchBread's delightfully blunt response:
Killer French Bread wrote:Fuck em
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

The Sonic Wrecks staff have said on Twitter that they would happily take a different name, so it doesn't have to be Entherial Online.

Really, this 'merger' won't affect us in any negative way. We'll be gaining additional sub-forums that you can choose to ignore. We'll be getting more members, but as I've said previously, many of us share accounts anyway, as Sonic Wrecks and SEGA Media are already apart of RadioSEGA. What's not to love?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Whats to hate? All the Sonic the Hedgehog threads that will be created.
Titans Creed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Titans Creed »

Sonic the Hedgehog is just as much a part of SEGA as any other franchise, and AGAIN, as I touched on on SNS94 last night, unless you live in Japan, most of the western culture you will see will be directed at Sonic, as it's by far the one constant franchise SEGA has in the West.

Also, as Tru has stated, a sub forum can always be made for Sonic/Non-Sonic stuff.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I support the idea as long as it's carefully done right. Merge, but make sure the RadioSEGA community as a whole is happy with it or else you'll possibly lose members. How do you make everyone happy? Basically just make sure that RS doesn't change for the worst really. That's all.

Though I will say I don't care for RP sections on forums myself for the same reasons said above. They just clutter up the place and derail it and alot of the people that take place in them I've found to be kind of annoying. Not all, but in my past history with forums, an RP section tends to be pretty ridiculous. Sure you can ignore the section if you don't like it, but you can't ignore the users. But again, it's something I could deal with as long as the forums are actually moderated a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

We just finished a discussion here on radiosega about how there's to many sonic threads. Most of us don't want anymore. SW has a sonic rp thread, yeaaaa no.
ArchangelUK
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ArchangelUK »

Nice to see maturity off the charts here from some.

I'm sure you noted that since E-On came back online from its long absence not one person has actually posted in the roll play section you seem so terrified of.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

A good idea would be to have some sort of backup. A way to simply give it a try but be able to switch back to the way things were beforehand if it doesn't work out. Not exactly sure how you would go about that though without making an isolated set of forums. Though, you could always back up both databases and then restore them if things don't work out, but I'm not sure exactly how much of a hassle that would be. I haven't personally messed with creating forums or web design in years.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.