Worst & Best Film's You've seen?

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Worst & Best Film's You've seen?

Post by Gonic »

So, tell me guys. What are the best and worst films you've ever seen?

Best - The Nines. This film really get's you thinking. Its like inception in a way. Its hard to explain unless you watch it yourself.

Worst - Alien Vs Predertor 2 Reqreium - I may as well of watched paint dry in the darkness with a rock soundtrack in the background...thats what this film is.

Also Mod's feel free to move or lock this if the thread already exists
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I'll have to think about best, but I think the worst was the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves.

I have this nasty habit of watching crap sci-fi and films at the cinema. I saw the Dragon Ball film at the cinema too, and whilst it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, I do question my own mental health since I actually paid money to watch it.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

The worst might possibly be Knowing with Nicholas Cage. Was watchable until the last quarter or so then it becomes one of the biggest shit fests of all time. The first time I watched it afterwards I couldn't remember the ending. It genuinely got wiped from my brain. Like extreme trauma victims not remembering there ordeal. It was on tv not long ago so I watched it again as I couldn't remember what happened. Now I wish I could forget it again.

Don't know about the best ever but the best film I've seen lately was Drive with Ryan Gosling. I've gone a bit geeky over it.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

richarddavies wrote:The worst might possibly be Knowing with Nicholas Cage. Was watchable until the last quarter or so then it becomes one of the biggest shit fests of all time. The first time I watched it afterwards I couldn't remember the ending. It genuinely got wiped from my brain. Like extreme trauma victims not remembering there ordeal. It was on tv not long ago so I watched it again as I couldn't remember what happened. Now I wish I could forget it again.
I quite liked Knowing :P

I have a thing for bad sci-fi as I said... But also apocalyptic disasters. The two seem to intermingle. What I particularly liked about Knowing
Click to reveal
I kinda like Nicolas Cage too >_>

Edit: I actually had a nightmare after watching Knowing. It was on TV when actual solar flare-related stuff was happening, so it kinda triggered some horrible dreams ;_;
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonna break the chain here.

Best Film:

Blade Runner.

Maybe it's cheating a bit because the film is based on an already amazing book, but I feel that the film manages to be its own thing. I think the thing that really sticks out for me is the setting and how amazing it looks, and how much the soundtrack brings it to life. It also has a fantastic finale.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Worst: The Room..Seriously if you don't know what The Room is, YouTube it. It's hilariously bad. Another couple of shit movies are the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still because it's nothing more than Keanu Reeves and some girl talking for 2 fucking hours. (And I just noticed CapnCloudChaser said the same thing..well +1). And another would be...The Messengers. Why? It's a horror movie about a haunted house with Kristen Stewart in it. WHOOP DE DOO HAUNTED HOUSE!

Best: Some people may disagree but I can't get enough of Watchmen. Very close to the graphic novel, excellent actors, amazing story..it's just great.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Another to add to my worst films ive ever seen.

Pirates Of the Caribbean 2 & 3. There was so many twist and turns my head literally imploded. The story just stopped making sense. The first film was great, basic story, fun characters and awesome action scenes. This was then ruined in the follow ups.
Wrath Oskvro wrote:Worst: The Room..Seriously if you don't know what The Room is, YouTube it. It's hilariously bad..
This guy sum's it up quite well.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... 3-the-room
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Reknoc wrote:Gonna break the chain here.

Best Film:

Blade Runner.

Maybe it's cheating a bit because the film is based on an already amazing book, but I feel that the film manages to be its own thing. I think the thing that really sticks out for me is the setting and how amazing it looks, and how much the soundtrack brings it to life. It also has a fantastic finale.
I watched this on Blu ray about 2 weeks ago. It's 30 years old now and it's still an absolutrly stunning looking film.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Best at the cinema atm for me is the grey as liam neeson has the broadest accent hes ever used and it makes every ni person smile. Worst would b new years eve, too many how the f*** moments specially when sarah jessica parker gets pulled in in a horse drawn carriage. A massive lol was given
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

One of the best: Original Johnny English.

It's a bloody funny movie that I can't stop watching.