Project X Zone (SEGA X Capcom X Namco Bandai) for the 3DS

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Hm? There are no skies characters announced. Anyway Andriasang has some screenshots up. Looks awful, guessing it's not being developed by the SRW guys.
No Skies? Bummer. And as for those screenshots, not bad, but not really all that plesant to look at. The character stills (like Ryu's) look allright. Chris's...er...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

New info has come in, with the new site going live as well!:

Taken from news post:
With all the scientific hoo-hah now out of the way, we now get the full scoop on Project X Zone, the new 3DS game that pits characters of the three companies involved: Namco Bandai, Capcom, and of course, SEGA. And we get it in the form of the [url=javascript:void(0)/*333*/]new website[/url] that has now been unveiled to the public.

As reported from sources [url=javascript:void(0)/*522*/]NintendoLife[/url] and [url=javascript:void(0)/*523*/]Sonic Wrecks[/url] this website, all in Japanese by the way, hasn't got THAT much in the way of info at present, save the interesting opening the site has, which includes some very good music! In addition, clicking on the words "Entry Title" and by clicking on the names on the left (underneath the names of each of the three companies) you'll hear some pretty spiffy voice samples from the characters included in the game.
Plus, there's seems to be new characters, well jugding by these screens.
Click to reveal
Sooo, any more impressions so far?
Attachments
PXZsega05_f03.jpg
PXZsega05_f01.jpg
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

SEGA Red Wolf
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SEGA Red Wolf »

A couple of things I want to point out and say, this strictly speaking as a diehard SEGA fan.

1.) I want a 3DS now, if this game gets localized. (Doubtful with all those licenses and such)

2.)Honestly, would have went with anyone but those two for a Shining Force rep. I know Sega isn't on good terms with Camelot but Toma seems like a rather weak choice. I'm not sure if EXA did well in Japan or not, but I'd gladly take a Tony Taka designed Shining Force character over those two at this point.

3.) Opa-Opa showing up is enough to make me smile.ImageImageThe newest Sega characters revealed for Project X Zone are from Resonance of Fate. A game a lot of people missed but it has amazingly hilarious scenes such as this one. (Possible NSFW?)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVibNKrp8sQ
SEGA Madness Stream: Join us for happy time! - http://www.twitch.tv/wolfpackcomms
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Did anyone end up playing this game? I picked up a limited edition copy finally for $20. I waited until the last minute knowing that might be about as cheap as it goes for. Yet I knew if I missed picking up the limited edition bundle it would be $200 on ebay in 2 years.

I'm leaving it sealed for now and putting it in to my collection unless someone can convince me this thing is worth buying a 3DS to play. I don't even own a system. So is it worth putting down $200 for a 3DS and picking up some other Sega games later on?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I played the demo and to be honest, I got some enjoyment out of it. Not a fan of that genre of game, but damnit the crossover roped me in.

Is it worth buying a 3DS just for that? Heck no. That's what OoT 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon X&Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are for.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I played the demo
I downloaded the demo. Never played it though. It's still on my 3DS.
TheChaosBlue wrote:Is it worth buying a 3DS just for that? Heck no. That's what OoT 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon X&Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are for.
And Animal Crossing New Leaf and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote: And Animal Crossing New Leaf and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
I knew there were a couple other titles I was forgetting! Thanks.