What does GAME's future hold?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
GirlGamerNerd
Level 1
Level 1

Post by GirlGamerNerd »

The Hounslow Game is still open, But GameStation is Closed, and they have a poster in the window saying Go to Game in the treaty centre.
I am not to sad, because i haven't brought a game from them since last year.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

GAME in Dumfries is still open. I almost bought something out of pity.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

ign posted a list of GAME stores that are closing, most of them will close at the end of the week, 2 are staying open in belfast but 3 are closing and Gamestop went a few weeks ago
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Found out today that the GAME nearest me isn't closing but the one that has been around a lot longer and in the heart of the city will be. That doesn't make much sense to me.
The one in the city is slightly bigger and has always been kinda packed when I go to it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shockerbey wrote:ign posted a list of GAME stores that are closing, most of them will close at the end of the week, 2 are staying open in belfast but 3 are closing and Gamestop went a few weeks ago
Is it the same as the list MCV posted on Monday? That mtwinny linked to on the previous page?
Dr Shaneman wrote:Found out today that the GAME nearest me isn't closing but the one that has been around a lot longer and in the heart of the city will be. That doesn't make much sense to me.
The one in the city is slightly bigger and has always been kinda packed when I go to it.
The one in the city probably has higher rent to pay, thus is more expensive to keep open.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:The one in the city probably has higher rent to pay, thus is more expensive to keep open.
But surely the increased traffic would negate that?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:But surely the increased traffic would negate that?
Possibly. Or perhaps they think that the city traffic will move to the outskirts branch?
GirlGamerNerd
Level 1
Level 1

Post by GirlGamerNerd »

Confused as hell, walked past Hounslow Gamestation and there is now a notice saying WERE BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! On the white panted windows. And Game Just shut down yesterday.. Very confused now. I even rang Terry Hunter because of my confusion
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

Just noticed 2 shops closed here in Birmingham: The big gamestation branch on corporation street and the small GAME shop in the Pallisades. Sign on the shop says that the branch in the Bullring shopping centre will still be open, but I doubt it'll stick around for long. If that closes as well, no more brand new games. D:

Only one shop left that caters to games now, and it's a small tiny branch...
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

GirlGamerNerd wrote:Confused as hell, walked past Hounslow Gamestation and there is now a notice saying WERE BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! On the white panted windows. And Game Just shut down yesterday.. Very confused now. I even rang Terry Hunter because of my confusion
Prob cause of this?
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/game-to- ... ace/093563