The Sword of SEGA Role Playing Adventure!

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Role playing? On MY RadioSEGA? It's more likely than you think!

During Season 2 of Sword of SEGA, you will have the chance to take part in a (somewhat) exciting role playing game.

Every Wednesday at 10pm UK Time, Sword of SEGA will be hosting a short, twenty minute role playing adventure with various tasks to complete.

You can earn experience points for taking part, and completing other activities outside of the show, in order to 'level up' - the person with the highest level or most experience points accumulated by the end of the season will be awarded with a Amazon giftcard as a prize!

There will be ten chapters in all, starting on the 29th February with the Destiny Show.

Can You Save Seegadra?!
The land of Seegadra is in peril yet again! The heroes of old failed to save the Soul Gems of classic SEGA Role Playing Games, and now the land has been enslaved by evil robots called Nintendroids.

YOU are the descendent of those long lost heroes, and you must create your own group of warriors to battle the Nintendroids whilst searching for the Seven Swords of SEGA.

Your adventure begins now...
The Seegadra World Map
ImageImage

Click for a larger image.
Our heroes begin their adventure in the NESlave Camps to the top east and will journey across the land throughout the season.

How to Join!

To join The Force, all you need to do is message me during a live show, on Twitter (@CapnCloudchaser) or by posting in this thread with your character class. This can be whatever you like, the sillier/more imaginative, the better.

You'll be automatically added and the exp you earn each week will be updated at the end of the show.

How to Earn Experience Points!

You can earn experience points for completing tasks that are set in the show, as well as doing the following:
  • Joining the Force - 10 points
  • Requesting a Song during the Show - 10 (Up to 40)
  • Requesting a Song in Advance - 20 (Up to 40)
  • For SEGA AGES In-Reverse - 10 (Up to 50)
  • Interesting Discussions in the IRC - 10 to 50
  • Joining the IRC - 10 (Once per show)
  • Staying all Show - 20 (Once per show, random disconnections are fine!)
  • Advertising the Show - 20 (Once per week)
  • Advertising RadioSEGA - 20 (Once per week)
  • Overcoming Challenges - 10 to 50 (Depending on the task)
  • Commenting on the SEGA Media Page (Once per week) - 20
  • For Posting in the Sword of SEGA Threads (Including this one, once per week) - 20
  • For Posting on the RS Sword of SEGA Blog (Once per week) - 20
Even if you cannot take part in the live shows, there are still opportunities to earn experience points! Some of the tasks we'll be having each week will include quizzes which can also be entered by podcast users before the following week.

Our Band of Heroes!

Our current party consists of:
  • Elaniel: A Level 1 Dark White Paladin
  • Awinnerwasyou: A Level 7 Fighter-Mage
  • Cobradabest: A Level 3 Sniper
  • GirlGamerNerd: A Level 3 Hadoken
  • pyruss55: A Level 3 Rappy
  • i_need_fruit: A Level 3 Master Ninja Overlord Thief
  • foreversonic: A Level 2 Galaxy Warrior
  • ResidentSD: A Level 5 Lusty Barmaid
  • MTails: A Level 1 Innkeeper
  • KC: A Level 2 Pervert Drunk Man
  • littlered615: A Level 2 Adventurer
  • SilverSonic: A Level 4 Remix Knight
  • Drakeo: A Level 3 Insane White Rock Shooter
  • Ein Eagle Vanato: A Level 5 Knight of the Spiral Clockworks
  • ZonicZoneCop: A Level 3 Muse
  • SocialGamer: A Level 1 Retro Defender
  • Rosiesonic21: A Level 2 Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Dartanian: A Level 1 Musketeer
All players that sign up again this season who took part last season will receive a 50 experience point bonus!

Off Season

The Sword of SEGA Role Playing Adventure has now finished! Thanks to all who took part and check back in the future for news of a Season 3.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

ImageImage
Chapter 1: Destiny Calls

Aeons ago, the land of Seegadra was forged by mighty Gods. It was a peaceful place, filled with life and love, the bounty of the once great SEGA empire. Humans lived together with many different beings in harmony and all was well.

But one day, a dark shadow was cast across the land. The Soul Gems of classic SEGA Role Playing Games were stolen. These Soul Gems contained the very essence of such classic games and were a gift from the Gods, protected for centuries. With their disappearance, the great Goddess Ulala came to the magical town of Castdream in Seegadra and charged a group of heroes with finding them.

This band of warriors was lead by the Ninja, Silversonic, and contained many fearless heroes, such as Zagoyoda the Segata Fighter, Cobradabest the Snuper, Kaito-Kun the Thief/Red Ninja, Awinnerwasyou the Warrior and more.

These heroes left the town of Castdream in search of the Soul Gems. Sadly, they were not able to save all of the Soul Gems and only managed to recover one Soul Gem: the Dragon Mirror. This contained the spirit of Shenmue, one of the most honourable spirits in all of Seegadra.

But this was not enough.

The darkness spread and soon a new evil arrived on the planet. Evil machines began to rain from the sky, and no weapon on Seegadra could defeat them. These machines became known as the Nintendroids. They overran the planet, and soon all of humanity was enslaved.

Hundreds of years passed...

Humans are now kept within slave camps and are forced to play Mario Party again and again. Small pockets of resistance still remain hidden across Seegadra, however hope remains futile.

Indeed, Seegadra had become a desolate, dark place, ruled by our dark robotic overlords. It seemed as if the SEGA Gods had forsaken us all...

The NESlave Camps

Within the Northern Plains of Seegadra lies the NESlave Camp, ruled by the evil Nintendroids. Unknown to these wretched robots, the camp holds the descendants of the original heroes of Seegadra. These unknowing heroes are forced to play Superman 64 on the N64 every day, and do not understand the role they are about to play in Seegadra's future.

Our small group of heroes have had enough. They have come together to plot their escape. Whispers speak of a camp of freedom fighters in the mountains to the west, but how can they escape when no weapon can defeat the Nintendroids?

As they lay awake at night, our heroes receive a vision from the almighty Goddess, Ulala!
ImageImage
"I have been searching for you, young heroes!" she exclaims! "Only you possess the power to free Seegadra and its people from the evil of Italian plumbers, consoles which offer no DVD playback and far too much waggle!"

As our heroes listen intently, the image of seven magical swords appear before them.

"These are the seven Swords of SEGA" states the rather attractive Goddess. "These swords are the only weapons which can defeat the Nintendroids and were created by fusing the Soul Gems with a blade. I have hidden them from evil. You must travel across Seegadra and find them. Use the swords to vanquish the Nintendroids before all hope is lost!"

With those words, the Goddess Ulala fades and our heroes are left alone, in stunned silence. They finally hold the key to stopping the Nintendroids, but are our heroes brave enough to take on the challenge?

The Mirror Sword

Whilst sitting in the dark slave camp, one of our heroes, Awinnerwasyou the Fighter-Mage, suddenly realises that he recognised the Mirror Sword from their recent vision. The Mirror Sword was created using the Dragon Mirror Soul Gem that the old heroes were able to recover all that time ago.

The Mirror Sword is here, within the NESlave camp! But it is locked away in the Nintendroid's guard barracks. Our heroes agree that the only way to escape this nightmare once and for all is to steal the Mirror Sword and use it to fight their way out of the camp.

Coming together, our brave new heroes sneak out of their prison and make their way silently across the camp. Luckily for them, the night is quiet, and the Nintendroids are currently playing a few rounds of Smash Brothers Brawl and do not notice their prisoners making their way to the barracks.

Once outside, pyruss55 the Rappy manages to skilfully unlock the door by flapping his giant wings, as i_need_fruit the Master Ninja Overlord Thief, the stealthiest one of the group, tip toes into the barracks, to the opposite end. There, on the wall, lies the Mirror Sword. Carefully, i_need_fruit lowers the weapon, but its weight proves quite surprising, causing i_need_fruit to stumble back and knock over a conveniently placed glass vase behind him.

The vase shatters into pieces, creating an almighty racket that suddenly alerts the near by Nintendroids.

Without hesitation, our remaining heroes rush to the side of i_need_fruit and grab whatever weapons they can within, readying themselves to fight these evil robots. The Mirror Sword begins to throb with power. But which hero will wield this mighty blade and step forth to land the first blow?

The First Battle

Our heroes decide that Awinnerwasyou, the Mage Fighter shall wield the almighty Mirror Sword as GirlGamerNerd readies her weapon behind him, ready for anything. Without fear, Awinnerwasyou steps forth, clutching the hilt tightly in his hands. The Nintendroids have now swarmed the barracks and are ready to kill all those that oppose them.
ImageImage

Image taken from Global Geek News.
With a mighty lunge, Awinnerwasyou cuts through the Nintendroids that charge them. Swinging round, Awinnerwasyou and GirlGamerNerd charge the ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER HYPER SLASH and cut through the robots like butter. Showing a mastery of combat that no level one warrior is capable of, the heroes stare in wonder as the Nintendroids lie in pieces before them.

Surely these brave men and women of fate must be related to the heroes of old!

Our group realise that now is their chance to take advantage of the chaos and escape whilst they can!

Bashing their way through the camp gates, slashing at anything robotic that steps near, our small group of heroes taste their first sense of freedom. The moon shines on ahead, guiding their path towards the mountains to the west.

Now, our heroes become adventurers, and head across the plains towards destiny.

Go Forth to the Mountains

As our adventurers travel across the plains, the sun rises from behind, highlighting their destination to the west. The mountains are plentiful and fierce, yet hold a secret weapon: a group of freedom fighters reside deep within the dank, dark caves.

Knowing this, our heroes head towards the mountains, hoping to join the freedom fighters and search for the remaining six Swords of SEGA, as tasked by the beautiful Goddess, Ulala.

Travelling up the mountainside, our adventurers deal with pests and low level threats, such as rats, goats, and rabid Sony fanboys. Finally, they reach the entrance to a cave. ResidentSD, the Lusty Barmaid, uses his shiny assets to cast light within the cavern, and the group carefully make their way inside.

After a few wrong turns, and a few encounters with Zubats, our heroes emerge into the sunlight, on to the summit of the mountain. A camp has been set up, and two burly men with large moustaches approach, swords drawn, faces scowling.

Our heroes have found the freedom fighter's camp, but can they convince them of their good intentions?

The Freedom Fighters

GirlGamerNerd isn't sure if should trust these men, as the rest of the group wisely step back, in fear of those massive moustaches. Poor old Pyrus55 decides to fake death on the spot!

Showing courage, i_need_fruit decides to convince the men of the groups intentions, as GirlGamerNerd and Cobradabest stand behind.. The two burly guards are confused by the sight of a half dead Rappy, but it is the sight of ResidentSD, the Lusty Barmaid, who catches their eye! Smitten, the moustached men allow our merry band of adventurers to walk into the camp and meet the freedom fighter's leader, Gash Deadeye.
ImageImage

(Imagine him with more eye patches and two moustaches >_>)
At the back of the camp, our heroes are confronted by Gash Deadeye, a massive warrior with two moustaches, five eye patches, and a huge sword... Which looks suspiciously like one of the swords in the heroes' vision!

Our heroes tell him everything.

"So!" He roars "You've escaped from the Nintendroid slave camp and are searching for magical swords? And you want my sword?? What makes you think I can trust a rag tag bunch of pipsqueaks like you!"

Our heroes glance at each other nervously.

"I'll tell you what. If you can beat me in combat, I'll give you my Guardian Sword. Only real warriors with real moustaches and real Cadbury's chocolate Creme Eggs can save Seegadra! Prove you are real warriors and I will help you in your quest."
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Above/Below (whenever it is accepted through moderation!) is a written version of Episode 3's Role Playing Adventure. It's not meant to be amazing story telling, as it is mostly for fun and definitely dripping with cheese, but it's probably better than Twilight ;)

New chapters will be added here after each show! If you would prefer to hear them via the podcast, then don't read, as there will be spoilers abound for those that did not listen in to the show live!

I hope you enjoy the RP Adventure as much as I, but the story is guided by our heroes taking part as well!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

ImageImage
Chapter 2: Journey Through the Fire

Holding the Mirror Sword firmly in his hands, Awinnerwasyou, the fighter-mage, steps forth, eyeing up Gash Deadeye as the freedom fighter readies his own blade: The Guardian Sword!

Armed with the knowledge of SEGA RPG's, Awinnerwasyou summons the power of Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star, Sonic Chronicles, Shining Force 2 and Panzer Dragoon Saga. To his left, ResidentSD, the Lusty Barmaid, appears ready to support him, whilst i_need_fruit, the Master Ninja Overlord Thief, somersaults to the right and Cobradabest hangs back, ready to snipe away if needed.

For a split second, Gash Deadeye hesitates. The sight of these warriors ready to fight sends a shiver down his spine, or maybe it's the sound of Sonic Chronicles ringing in his ears, but he steadies himself just in time to strike. However, against four of the God's chosen warriors, the descendants of the original heroes of destiny, Gash Deadeye is no match and crumbles underneath the weight of the mighty Mirror Sword.

"Okay, I yield!" he cries. "No more Sonic Chronicles, please!" he begs, catching his breath. "I see that you are capable enough to handle these Nintendroids on your own. Here, I will grant you my Guardian Sword. Who amongst you shall wield it?"

With two of the Seven Swords of SEGA now liberated, our group must decide who is worthy enough to handle the Guardian Sword.

After impressing Gash Deadeye, the leader of the freedom fighters invites our heroes to stay the night at the camp, where they eat and relax. Beside the camp fire, pyruss55, the Rappy, curls up to nap. MTails, the Innkeeper, helps to pour beer for our group, as KC, the Pervert Drunk Man, gets a little bit carried away and chases ResidentSD, the Lusty Barmaid, around the fire.

Whilst our heroes unwind and enjoy their night of freedom away from the slave camps of the Nintendroids, Gash Deadeye advises them on their next move.

"If you're chasing after crazy magical swords, then you may want to head west towards the forest. There, you'll find an ancient shrine full of all kinds of crazy treasure. There is bound to be a sword or two there. Just head through the volcanic mountain and you can't miss it."

Our heroes sleep soundly, dreaming of adventures yet to come...

Is it Getting Hot in Here?

Our heroes awake to a fresh, sunny day, ready to head down into the bowls of the mountain. What treasures or horrors lie in wait? Biding the freedom fighters farewell, Awinnerwasyou slings the Mirror Sword across his back as i_need_fruit, chosen to protect the Guardian Sword, lifts up the hefty blade and feels a tingly sensation run down his spine. This is truly a sword of heroes! Or maybe that was the hangover, who knows.

Equipped with lanterns, our heroes slowly make their way through the caverns of the mountain, with pyrus55, the Rappy, in front, ready to sniff out danger, and KC at the back, as he just smells. Deeper they go, as the walls grow darker, tighter. A draft passes by, carrying the scent of charcoal, the cave getting warmer and warmer with each step.

Soon, they pass through a tight opening and enter a large chamber, lit up with pools of lava flowing all around, and looking suspiciously like some kind of clichéd RPG boss room. ResidentSD begins to remove his clothes as the heat overwhelms our heroes, but before the show can become 18 rated, a terrifying mechanical voice booms throughout the chamber. Is it the Nintendroids?!
ImageImage

(Imagine it on fire, and evil looking!)
"Hoo! Who dares enter my mountain?! It is I, the Saturn Spirit of SEGA Dreams long past!"

Noticing our heroes, the giant form of a SEGA Saturn on FIRE swoops down and hovers above them. In the light of the lava, in the Saturn Spirit catches the glint of i_need_fruits' Guardian Sword.

"Who are you mortals to dare bring the Guardian Sword to my plane! You know nothing of me! I serve a new master now, the lord of all Nintendroids. None of my SEGA brethren can appreciate me, and so you will die like all the rest!"

Tired and surrounded by boiling lava, our heroes have no choice but to fight the body of the Saturn Spirit by proving we are knowledgeable about Saturn games! But oh no, the heat is making our heroes tired and everything is slowing down! Or maybe that's the hangover from last night's drinking.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

ImageImage
Chapter 3: To the Shining Shrine

The heat of the volcano rose all around our heroes, as the fumes began to overwhelm them, one by one. pyrus55 the Rappy starts to shed his feathers, and KC the Pervert Drunk Man vomits all over MTails, the Innkeeper. Things are not looking good! As each second passed, the Saturn Spirit itself grew fiercer, the fire surrounding its own body appearing to control the very mountain itself.

Shaking with exhaustion, our group rallied together and called out the names of NiGHTS into Dreams and, rather ironically, Burning Rangers, but this was not enough. The Saturn Spirit laughed, a deep mocking laugh. "Is that all you know? You are pathetic! I shall destroy you with my burning heart!"

But just before the Saturn Spirit could strike them down, the figure of Awinnerwasyou, the Fighter-Mage, stood tall and screamed out the rest of the names: "Guardian Heroes, Shining Force 3, Shining the Holy Ark!" and with that, the Spirit was stunned.

"By the heavenly spirit of San Shiro himself! You do know your Saturn games! Then what am I doing here?!"

The Saturn Spirit floated down to the heroes, its rage flowing away, calming the fires around. Within seconds, the entire chamber had cooled, the lava turning to solid rock, and shiny blue crystals appearing in the ceiling above, lighting the entire cave in a peaceful, Sonic-inspired hue.

Catching their breath in the newly ventilated cave and fearing no danger from the Saturn spirit, our heroes approach it.

"Warriors of SEGA! I am ashamed. I felt so abandoned when the great Dreamcast God appeared and blessed the world with Skies of Arcadia. You must understand that there are more of us, the seven Spirits of SEGA! Only the Dreamcast remains pure, the rest of us have been possessed by the Nintendroids!"

The poor Saturn Spirit looks upset, in only a way that a console can. ResidentSD the lusty barmaid gives it a quick cuddle, as pyruss55 the Rappy rubs his head affectionately against its cold, outer shell.

"Brave, reasonably attractive heroes..." sniffs the Saturn Spirit "Will you help us? Will you save the other five SEGA Spirits that have been possessed by the Nintendroids? I fear that you are our only hope!"

What a startling plot development! Should our heroes agree to help the other possessed SEGA Consoles? Maaaaybe they will be able to help us find the other Swords of SEGA?

It is, of course, up to you, as the main characters of the show, to decide whether or not to accept this new side quest.

"Please, heroes!" begs the Saturn Spirit. "Here, how about I play you the music of my people in order to convince you?"

Skipping Through the Forest

After being serenaded by the music of the Saturn Spirit, our charitable heroes have enthusiastically and graciously decided to help save any SEGA consoles they happen to bump into along their travels around Seegadra. Dancing with joy, the Saturn Spirit then listens to our heroes tale so far.

"I hear the call of great Saturn RPG's such as Shining Wisdom, Shining the Holy Ark and Shining Force 3 coming from the forest. If you keep heading west, follow the Shining music and you will come across an ancient shrine. There is bound to be a magical sword in there. I am sure!"

Bidding the Saturn Spirit farewell, our heroes carefully tread across the cool, hardened lava and finally emerge outside, into the fresh air, surrounded by lovely flowers. In the distance lies the forest, with three new heroes waiting just amongst the trees; littlered615 the Adventurer, SilverSonic the Remixer Knight and Drakeo the Insane White Rock Shooter, who have heard the calling of destiny and have decided to join the Force. Drakeo swings his scythe round rather excitedly, almost cutting poor SilverSonic in half.

As the group exchanges pleasantries, and i_need_fruit holds back KC so he doesn't exchange anything else, our assorted band of warriors, mages, ninjas, drunken louts and all round crazy people hold hands and skip merrily through the forest, their ears listening out for the sound of music.

The forest grows darker, but Cobradabest the Sniper suddenly spots a ruined temple made of gold glimmering through the trees. Walking closer, a familiar melody chimes in their ears. Through a clearing, the mighty golden temple looms upon them; is this the ancient shrine that Gash Deadeye mentioned?

With Awinnerwasyou at point, our group tentatively steps inside the golden temple, the music in their ears growing louder and louder, beckoning them inside. SilverSonic the Remixer Knight suggests following the sound, but other noises begin to intermingle, making it almost impossible to follow, even for our talented Remix Knight!

Our heroes come across a path that splits in five, but the music around them is reverberating off the walls, separated in to five different musical sounds! Based on the Saturn Spirits words, they need to listen out for music from the Shining Series, but can our heroes tell them apart?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Guys, you can now earn experience points for posting comments on the Sword of SEGA blog on the main website ;)
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Last week on Sword of SEGA, our growing group of adventurers, heroes and drunken nutters left the freedom fighter's camp after escaping the evil Nintendroids and travelled down through a volcanic mountain, where they encountered a floating SEGA Saturn. After winning over the Saturn Spirit, they left the mountain and wandered through the forest, coming across an ancient, golden shrine.

Inside the shrine, they followed the sound of Shining music, as it lead them down a dark, dusty path, stopping at a cross roads with music playing in all directions.

But before our heroes could identify the correct sound and follow it to victory, a new sound began to dance in their ears. The sound of cheering voices, clinking glasses, a piano in the background, awful singing all around. These noises slowly began to intoxicate our heroes, reminding them of that wonderful night beside the freedom fighter camp fire, celebrating their freedom and drinking their worries away.

One by one, our heroes slumped to the ground, a smile on each face, as they recalled the best night of their lives.
Chapter 3.5: Drunken Memories!

The freedom fighter's camp may have been small, tucked away in a hidden corner of Seegadra, but like any respected settlement, it had a make shift tavern all set up, stocked with the finest booze humanity could steal away from those robotic Nintendroids. And this was quite some feat, as everyone knows that robots are fuelled by cheap plonk.

Indeed, before the Sword of SEGA heroes were chosen by the almighty Goddess Ualala, the only way to fight against these mechanical beasts was to drink the night away. Sadly, it did mean that many were captured whilst drunk, though.

When our heroes stumbled across the camp and won the acceptance of the freedom fighter's leader, Gash Deadeye, the first thing they did was head towards the tent-come-tavern, set up shop, and sing merrily around the camp fire. As you do.

It was MTails the Innkeeper that got straight down to business. He knew exactly what drinks to mix and serve, and with the help of his pretty young assistant, ResidentSD the Lusty Barmaid, soon the drinks were pouring. Although GirlGamerNerd, the Hadoken and i_need_fruit the Master Ninja Overlord Thief had to act as bouncers and keep KC, the Pervert Drunk Man in check, as poor KC kept downing the shots and was spewing his guts everywhere. Some of those lovely chunks even landed on poor pyrus55, the Rappy's feathers, and this certainly did not impress ResidentSD, not one bit.

The memory of this night becomes hazy. In the picture, Littlered615, SilverSonic, Drakeo and Ein Eagle Vanato are there, enjoying their tipple as well, but they did not join our heroes until after their night, didn't they? Our heroes are too caught up in their pleasant memories to even notice this spooky development...

As the night goes on, SilverSonic, the Remixer Knight, suggests that we make up some new cocktails to try. And why not?

Our heroes gather round the bar, eager to prove their worth. After some time, they created a whole pharmacy full of alcoholic experiments, and, being the incredibly brave and handsome group they are, they drank the lot! It didn't take long for the merry singing to become slurred, and the vomit to start hitting the ceiling.

Cobradabest, the Sniper, shows off his amazing accuracy by throwing a dart into Awinnerwasyou, the Fighter-Mage's head. In retaliation, Awinnerwasyou sets fire to the bar and ResidentSD's clothes catch fire, forcing KC to help by throwing alcohol over ResidentSD's head.

Of course, this never helps, and soon our heroes realise that, for all the warriors, mages, ninjas and innkeepers we have on the Force, we don't actually have a single healer. Now, who's bright idea was that?!

Rather predictably, a bar fight breaks out. Drakeo the Insane White Rock Shooter begins shooting actual rocks at everyone, because he is quite clearly insane. Ein Eagle Vanato punches foreversonic in the face, who runs outside crying about Project 7 updates whilst pyruss55 the Rappy starts running around the bar, flapping his giant wings into everyone's face. Elaniel and i_need_fruit end up wrestling on the ground for some reason, with GirlGamerNerd attempting to break them up. Only SilverSonic the Remixer Knight and Littlered615 the Adventurer stay away from the madness, quietly sipping some whiskey at the back, tutting loudly.

The fight continues, and our heroes must grab a weapon to protect themselves, but obviously we don't want to hurt each other in the process! We may all be drunk and rowdy, but we're all still on the same team. What can our heroes grab to help themselves in this situation? Maybe a rubber chicken?

The Bar Fight

Our heroes have fought each other and calmed down. The bar is ruined, the glasses are all smashed, and our heroes slump again on to the floor, nursing their bruises. In their drunken, groggy state, they begin to piece together the actions of the night and are hit with a sudden realisation... This isn't how the memory should be!

Are we dreaming, or is this an illusion? A trap created by the Golden Shrine we should still be in?

Slowly, our heroes turn their attention to the Jukebox sitting in the corner. Despite all the chaos, this jukebox remains in perfect condition, still playing the same maddening tunes that has haunted our entire night. Could this Jukebox be an evil abomination?

Our sorry heroes stumble to their feet, and shuffle over to the jukebox. If they could only remove the music from their ears and focus back on the golden shrine, where their real destiny awaits! However, the alcohol coursing through their bodies is distorting the music, causing it to sound slower than normal.

Can our heroes pick apart the music, escape this nightmare and return to reality?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Last week on Sword of SEGA, our growing group of adventurers, heroes and drunken nutters left the freedom fighter's camp after escaping the evil Nintendroids and travelled down through a volcanic mountain, where they encountered a floating SEGA Saturn. After winning over the Saturn Spirit, they left the mountain and wandered through the forest, coming across an ancient, golden shrine.

Inside the shrine, they followed the sound of Shining music, as it lead them down a dark, dusty path, stopping at a cross roads with music playing in all directions.

However, before they could follow the correct Shining track, our heroes fell asleep, serenaded by the sounds of the shrine. In their dream world, they visited the Tavern of the Freedom Fighters and drank merrily, making up their own cocktails and engaged in a bar fight.

Thankfully, our heroes were able to wake up from the dream and return to reality, thanks to Awinnerwasyou, Ein Eagle Vanato and Cobradabest! Whilst everyone else was nursing a pretty serious hangover, they alone were able to identify the jukebox tracks and escape from the matrix. When they remembered where they, our heroes also remembered that they needed to listen out for the Shining track and name the game it was from in order to navigate down the correct path in this temple and avoid certain doom.
Chapter 4: The Path of Temptation

Faced with five possible routes through the mysterious ancient temple, our heroes leaned against the walls, straining to make out the sound of Shining music. i_need_fruit, the Master Ninja Overlord Thief, used his amazing ninja abilities to pinpoint the sound of Phantasy Star Online, but the rest of our team shrugged in defeat, their ears unable to tell apart the echoing sound around them. Not even SilverSonic the Remixer Knight could help, but then he was too busy remixing in the corner, the dirty scamp.

But, right on queue, a light bulb appeared above the head of our hero, Awinnerwasyou the Fighter-Mage. Using his unique combination of fighting and magical powers, he separated each individual sound, easily identifying the music of Shining Force 2. Slapping him on the back in manly celebration, our group pulled themselves together and began to follow Awinnerwasyou down the dark, dusty corridor, to whatever awaits them.

For hours, our team slogged through the temple, occasionally coming across bats, rats, cats and treasure boxes without treasure but filled with creepy bugs of all kinds, causing pyrus55, the Rappy, to turn blue with fright and ResidentSD, the lusty barmaid, to faint in surprise. It's okay though, as KC the pervert drunk man offered to help support poor old ResidentSD. He's such an upstanding feller.

Eventually, our group turned a corner and reached the centre of the temple; a massive golden room filled with jewels and a large alter in the middle, holding a very familiar looking sword!

Before our heroes could rush in and claim the weapon for themselves, Ein Eagle Vanato, Knight of the Spiral Clockworks, called at them to stop. Ein Eagle Vanato was an old, hardened warrior who had visited many stereotypical temples, shrines and dungeons in his time and sensed a trap. Who would leave piles of treasure here?

Our heroes stared at the piles of jewels and the sword... Adventuring and saving the world sure doesn't pay well, maybe it would be okay to take just a few handfuls of treasure? Pyruss55 could buy some Monomates, Mtails the Innkeeper could set up his own pub, foreversonic the Galaxy Warrior could buy more chocolate, i_need_fruit would actually be able to afford some damn fruit... Even ResidentSD was lusting over those precious, precious jewels. Who cares about some silly sword, right?!

Only Ein Eagle Vanato seemed to be the voice of reason here, which was rather surprising to say the least.

What should our heroes too? Should they check for traps before taking the sword from the alter, just in case? Or just risk it? And should we take some jewels to help pay for our adventure later, or leave them alone, as we all know what happened to Aladdin?

And just who is crazy enough to go pick up that sword anyway?

The Shining Sword

Despite how tempting those shiny jewels were, our heroes divert their attention solely towards the sword. The sword itself was a dull, silver colour, and looked rather modest compared to the temple surrounding it. But luckily, our heroes had watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and knew better than to abuse the shiny things.

Wisely, the group chose Ein Eagle Vanato to go towards the alter and check for any traps. Carefully, Ein Eagle Vanato walks past the piles of jewels, ignoring all distractions until his feet were firmly planted beside the alter containing this dull, silver sword. Using his spare sword, Ein Eagle Vanato quickly scans the area for any trip wires or secret switches with the intent to swap his old blade for this weapon of destiny, but as his hands hover above the sword, the blade itself begins to hum, that strange melody which guided our heroes inside all this time. Sucking in air, Ein Eagle Vanato steadily reaches for the singing blade. Gripping it tightly, light suddenly bursts from the weapon, bathing the entire chamber in sunlight.

With deft movements, he switches his own sword for that of the Shining Sword.

However, as the light hits the ceiling, a crack appears in the stone. A terrible rumble echoes through the chamber, as the whole temple begins to shake and fall apart!

The Horror of the 32X!

As our heroes run towards the exit, the walls crumbling all around, Awinnerwasyou notices a different noise surrounding them. Not music, not rock falling to the ground, but something more... Mechanical. Have the evil Nintendroids tracked them down?!

Spinning a corner, the sword comes to life, shining a beam towards the exit. However, before they can reach the safety of outside, an ugly shadow appears, blocking the light and looming over our heroes.

A robotic voice sounds.

"I am the Guardian of the Shining Sword! Even though I own no Shining games and generally suck! BUT FEAR ME ANYWAY, FOR I AM THE ALMIGHTY 32X!"

The terrifying sight of a giant 32X hovers above our heroes, who gasp in surprise. Who knew that such a soulless creature could be hiding in a temple made of gold?

The hideous form of the 32X floats towards our heroes, menacingly. "Though I may be separated from my brothers, I cannot be defeated! Only the names of my games can hurt me, but you will never guess them as there were hardly any ever created! BWAHAHAHA!"

Our heroes remember the words of the SEGA Saturn Spirit and realise that this machine must be possessed by the Nintendroids. However, they have no time to stand around and argue, as the golden temple is falling all around them!

Luckily, the collapsing temple has created new paths to escape from, and the sound of Shining music will guide their way.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Last week on Sword of SEGA, our steadily growing group of heroes had entered the ancient golden temple, hidden deep in the forest. They had already recovered two of the mythical Swords of SEGA, as tasked by the almighty Goddess Ulala, and they had now found the third: the shining Sword!

However, as they recovered the third sword, the temple itself began to collapse, threatening to crush or bury our heroes alive! But before they could escape, our group accidentally ran into the hideous form of the 32X Spirit, a console possessed by the evil Nintendroids.

In order to escape the temple, our heroes needed to listen to five sped up tracks and identify the Shining game and track to find the exit. However, if they could name the hidden 32X track, they would also be able to defeat the 32X along the way!

Did our heroes manage to safely find the right path out of the temple? And is the 32X going to kill them all? Find out now, as Chapter 5 begins...

Chapter 5: Becoming Real Heroes

The temple walls are crumbling all around our heroes as they frantically stumble over debris and rush to the exit, the mechanical shadow of the terrifying 32X chasing after them.

Music plays from all sides, and our heroes struggle to find the correct path out. But Awinnerwasyou, the Fighter-Mage, dives in front, calling out to his comrades to follow. He allow has recognised the Shining music and runs up the correct path towards light, the other heroes trailing behind.

However, his escape is blocked by the towering 32X that somehow manoeuvres its way in front of our desperate heroes.

"Your nerdy little lives end here, warriors!" It laughs.

With the Guardian Sword in his hands, Awinnerwasyou prepares to battle the 32X alone. But Ein Eagle Vanato, the Knight of the Spiral Clockworks rushes to his side, pointing the Shining Sword at the menacing console.

The two proud warriors quickly nod at each other, and shout "Knuckles Chaotix!"

The 32X suddenly stops, but before either parties could react next, the ceiling of the golden temple falls upon them, and everything goes black.

Silence.

Seconds later, a light emits from the 32X, who is holding back the rubble with a shield, a shining shield which has protected our heroes from harm! Confused, our heroes follow the floating console within this bubble, as the 3ZX slowly guides our group out of the collapsed temple and back into the safety of the forest.

"Forgive me, heroes!" cries the 32X. "I know now that I was wrong, and you are not ignorant of SEGA consoles. So much tragedy has befallen the land of Seegadra, and I, the 32X, was the lowest of the low and no one ever played with me. Oh how I have fallen! But... Why are you here? And why do you carry three of the Swords of SEGA?"

Dusting off their clothes, our heroes quickly explain their mission to find the seven swords of destiny and rid the world of the Nintendroids. Suddenly, the 32X becomes excited.

"Oh oh, I can help! Please let me help!" exclaims the 32X. "When I was inside the golden temple, I learned that a true hero could make the Shining Sword glow, and that this light would guide them to the next Sword of SEGA!"

Our heroes all turn to look at Ein Eagle Vanato, as he holds the Shining Sword within his hands. Shrugging, Ein Eagle Vanto swings the blade around a few times, but nothing. Then, with the advice of Drakeo, he points it in each direction, until amazingly, a beam of light shoots out and points beyond the forest.

"Ahh. The light is pointing towards the desert! I heard there is an almighty dragon there, a pet of the Nintendroids. Perhaps that is guarding your next sword?"

Leaving the Forest Behind

Bidding the 32X farewell, our heroes decide to make their way through the forest and towards the desert. It was a long trip, and our heroes stopped at the outskirts of the woods to spend the evening. Mtails the Innkeeper set up camp with help from his glamorous assistant, ResidentSD, as Pyruss55 the Rappy and foreversonic the Galaxy Warrior went searching for food.

Awinnerwasyou helped set up the campfire, and within no time, our heroes were relaxed, listening intently to ghost stories by Ein Eagle Vanato, whilst Cobradabest the Sniper stared out towards the sky, wary of any Nintendroids that may pass by.

In the morning as they left the forest and began to walk sough, a horrible shriek filled the sky, and Cobradabest saw smoke forming in the distance. Deciding to investigate, our heroes ran over a hill and came across a small human settlement that was being attacked by Nintendroids!

These evil monstrosities were setting fire to the wooden buildings and attacking the villages, even children were being chased by flying GameBoys. The scene was chaotic and bloody, as the humans struggled to beat off the Nintendo robots.

This was not our battle, and time was running out for us to find the Swords of SEGA and save Seegadra. Surely we should not delay, and head towards the desert as quickly as possible?

But would ignoring these humans be the right thing to do? We're heroes, after all!

The situation is desperate. Should our heroes help these poor people, or lay low and continue towards the desert?

Rushing to the Rescue!

Our heroes could not call themselves heroes unless they helped these poor humans under attack from the despicable Nintendroids! Arming themselves, and with the power of three Swords of SEGA by their side, our heroes charge into village, yelling with all their breath!

In the charge, they are joined by two other heroes, ZonicZoneCop the Muse and SocialGamer the Retro Defender, who had also appeared to help save the village.

The Nintendroids pause for a moment, confused by why humans would dare attack them, but soon the battle was full on.

Deciding to split up, i_need_fruit, the Master Ninja Overlord Thief uses his fast ninja skills and the Mirror Sword to cut multiple Nintendroids in half, as Cobradabest uses his rifle to hold the robots back. Behind him, Awinnerwasyou slices more of the beasts with his Guardian Sword and Ein Eagle Vanto chases after the rest with his newly acquired Shining Sword.

The rest of our heroes work to protect the humans. GirlGamerNerd users her strength to hold up collapsing buildings whilst ResidentSD runs back and forth, juggling bottles of water to put out the fires, a sight which certainly pleases KC, the Pervert Drunk Man.

Drakeo and SilverSonic chase away the little flying GameBoys with the help of ZonicZoneCop and SocialGamer. Soon, the rest of the Nintendroids lie in pieces and everyone cheers. ZonicZoneCop and SocialGamer are especially impressed with the three swords capable of cutting through the Nintendroids, and offer to join our group on the spot.

But before our heroes can celebrate too readily, a dark shadow falls across the smouldering village...

The All Mega CD of DEATH

More Nintendroids have returned, and this time they've brought a possessed SEGA Console with them to do their dirty work... It's a Mega CD! Oh when will this madness end?!

The Mega CD lands before our heroes, the Nintendroids cowering slightly behind.

"I am the MEGA CD! I heard you defeated my brother, that pathetic 32X... But there is no way you can defeat me. Because I am MEGA!"

The Mega CD opens up, to reveal hundreds of shiny discs, each razor sharp and ready to cut apart our heroes and all living things, including the innocent villagers. There is no way we could escape such slaughter!

The Nintendroids laugh evilly from behind the Mega CD, and order it to kill.

Our heroes realise that the only way to stop the Mega CD is to win it over by naming a SEGA RPG from the Mega CD! Or SEGA CD if you're American. But the Nintendroids are here as well, so we'll need to show them that we mean business...
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

I always thought I had the Dragon Sword?

EDIT: I meant the Mirror Sword. Silly me...