SNS 100 - Your Favourite Moments

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

SNS 100 - Your Favourite Moments

Post by Gavvie »

As you may/may not be aware, this Saturday is going to be a landmark day for Saturday Night SEGA, and RadioSEGA LiVE! as a whole, as we celebrate the first show to reach 100 episodes. To do this, I'll be picking out some of the songs that have become SNS staples, or fan favourites because of the show, such as some absolute classics by Mr. Stream & tracks from SEGA games new and old.

However, there's a way which you can get involved. Much like the ResidentSD Tribute Show of SEGA AGES way back at the start of 2010, we'll be taking your written and audio messages of congratulations, as well as your favourite moments from the past 100 episodes.

Maybe you liked the episode which started it all, as a microphone error meant that the vocal came out all distorted (or as ResSD would call it, "drunk"). Or the moment Mena ran into earshot and caused a HOLY SHIT literally heard around the world? Or maybe it's something else, something that's unique to you? I'd love to hear it.

There's two ways in which you can get involved. The first one is to reply to this topic with your message, and the second is to record an audio message (no longer than 2 mins please), upload it somewhere, and send me the link via PM.

The show goes out LIVE this Saturday at 10pm UK Time, so ideally if you could get any audio messages in before then that'd be aces. Written ones can continue on through the show, I'll be able to read those out as and when.

If you do contribute to this, thanks a lot. It's been an absolute honour to grace the RS airwaves for the past two years, and I'd like to be able to carry on doing it for a little while longer :)
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

I joined late, so i haven't heard much really. But congrates anyway for reaching a 100 episodes.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

As..so many memories....

For one, the SEGA v. Nintendo special you have done with other members of the community. I feel that was the first time SNS were on its branching legs more than ever. Sure, Summer of Sonic and all....but this felt like a huge enveavor on your part.

Also, I would love to hear 'You Don't Take Me Seriously' just one more time. Such an awesome theme for the first steeping stone episodes of SNS.

Trust me...there's many more me and my brother have....

Congratulations on reaching 100 episodes, and hope of another 100 more! And after the big 100 you definitely deserve a break. This is a big year for thsi site and want to see this site improve in ways that make everyone proud.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

+1 on hearing "You Don't Take Me Seriously" again.

I don't know which episodes they were but the times where you try to talk in a different accent than your own = hilarious. XD
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:+1 on hearing "You Don't Take Me Seriously" again.

I don't know which episodes they were but the times where you try to talk in a different accent than your own = hilarious. XD
"Concerned American Mother" anyone? XD
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Hey Gavvie, hope you mind letting me type my favorite memories in parts? I have soooo many to list.....so here we go!

The very first episode. You was making your first splash onto RadioSEGA Live! following ResidentSD's series premiere run of SEGA AGES, and of course there were some little hiccups here and there, but you've managed to create a suburb two hours of SEGA tune and remixes. And you also made my Saturday night (evening for me due to time difference :P ) more enjoyable, since there wasn't really anything to do during that part of the day.

Then there were the Request Roulette, Saturday Night SEGA Smashups and Saturday Night Surprises. These were awesome segments that you have done in the early episodes. Shame I couldn't really take part in the first two since I was getting used to RadioSEGA back then and didn't really have my footing in the RS community at the time, so yeah I missed out... :/

Also, as with my brother and Wrath mentioned, those funny as hell moments when you spoke as a different voice mainly during the IRC rundown (I think this was called under a different name), like Stevie Wonder, Lady Gaga (I think) and of course, THE Concerned American Mother!

You also celebrated the Portuguese listeners by renaming the show "SEGA no Sabado A Noite" showing that the RadioSEGA airwaves can reach places from all across the globe, and you should be proud of honoring that episode tho them.......aaand then there was the first Saturday Night Special...but I'll get into that later on...... :D

(to be continued!)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Sounds like 3 votes for the voices so far :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Yeah, the accents were fantastic fun, along with the terribly slow IRC rundowns [yawn]. Some of the specials were pretty fantastic too. I particularly enjoyed the very first one - the SST Band show. That was pretty fantastic. Also, is it wrong that my favourite episode the one where you didn't play any SEGA music at all?

Other than that, I concur with everything TheChaosBlue said - he said it better than I ever could!

P.S. "You Don't Take Me Seriously" is an absolute must for Saturday!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

(continued from my last post)

Now about those Saturday Night Specials....there were many of those you did, whether they be SNS Presents (the ones celebrating the NiGHTS & Sth1 OCRemix album), or the "Saturday Night with..." ones. Now this was hard for me to choose and in the end I had to choose two SNS Specials(yeah, I couldn't pick one....sue me XD )

One was the RadioSEGA Summer Soundtrack. This episode was a great blend of tunes to enjoy the sun and warmth of the summer season, and the best part it was an all uninteruted, two hour trek through songs from under the sun....ah....

The other was the Saturday Night Special known as the "Evening of Eggman." What better way to remember 20 years of speed then by celebrating 20 years of speeding to get those cheeseburgers! :D I kid, I kid, it was nice to have three hours devoted to the doc's greatest musical endevours, even though his plan are still failures XD )

(to be...continued....? )
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I missed the fun we used to have in the IRC during SNS, such as the My Dear Friend, Rally and Sonic Rush/Adventure singing and stuff... Usually initiated by Mena I think XD

We definitely need more Taco Taco Wheat What back!

Sound effects are fun too. DRILL, Nyan and Puddi Puddi were all great for a laugh :P