Shenmue I/II On XBLA/PSN

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Reknoc wrote:I always forget about the awful voice acting since I played II the most.
Dreamcast version then yeah. I had the Xbox version too and it's so much more awkward with the cheapo American voice overs. Hopefully it will be like Sonic CD and has both American and Japanese versions so you can change the voices.

2 is a lot better as well. Apart from that crate moving section anyway. Loved roaming around Hong Kong and hustling people for money with all the gambling games. "Big or small" is the way to go, put everything on big and just reset the console if you lose it all!
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I always avoided doing too much of the dumb crate minigame by not carrying my save over, buying a bunch of toys before you get robbed and selling them all off after you get your bag back.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I am going to be interested to see if newcomers to the series will actually enjoy this. I love it but I had it when it first came out so there's nostalgia there for me. I'm thinking Shenmue might already be a product of it's time.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:I am going to be interested to see if newcomers to the series will actually enjoy this. I love it but I had it when it first came out so there's nostalgia there for me. I'm thinking Shenmue might already be a product of it's time.
Well I'm curious and willing to give it a go - if the rumours are true - so I suppose I'll be able to answer that for you.