Project 7: Hiring for News and Review Teams!

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Project 7: Hiring for News and Review Teams!

Post by Gavvie »

Hi there. Gavvie here with some Project 7 related niceness!

Basically, we're beavering away on the new build of the site at the moment, which is coming along BRILLIANTLY. On the release front, we are looking at late March/early April, depending on how we get on. However, there's not really a lot of us, something I'd like to change. We need some able minded people to join us on the News and Reviews fronts.

Interested? Thought you might be. Here's the criteria we're looking for:

News Team
Our ideal candidates will be capable of scouring the web & press and reporting on the big SEGA news, on a day to day basis. Whilst we're not aiming to be one of the big SEGA fansites when it comes to news, we do want to stay current and relevant alongside those sites. A coherent grasp of English language is a must, and all reports must be written in an unbiased manner. Humour in your articles is more than welcome. Why just write the same news other sites have? Give it a bit of a personal spin.

You will be expected to work on your own initiative. We're not going to tell you when there's news to post, we would expect you to spot it, check to see if it's already on RS (or if it's going to be on RS via a News Team forum), and post if it's not.

Preference will be given to applicants who have an understanding of the Japanese language, basic or otherwise. This will enable us to get the jump, so to speak, on other news sites if at all possible.

TO APPLY: I would like you to send me a PM with how you'd report the following story - SEGA to announce new Streets of Rage, developed by the creators of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. The article is to be no longer than 500 words.

--

Review Team
Firstly, if you're a current member of the Review Team, you will need to reapply. However, all you'll need to do is inform us that you still want to be a member of the team, and we'll keep you on.

Ideal candidates will be capable of reviewing the latest SEGA titles, alongside games from yesteryear. At this present moment in time, we won't be offering soundtrack reviews as before, but will be reassessing this in the future. All reviews must be unbiased, yet critical if needed (i.e. don't just review Golden Axe: Beast Rider before you thought it was bloody awful and want to have a vent).

All candidates must be able to work on their own initiative. We will not be able to guarantee any review copies of any games, so all games must be sourced by the reviewer. If we are able to secure any game, we will inform the Review Team member to whom it is being sent, but you shouldn't expect this. As with the News Team, humour in reviews is welcome.

TO APPLY: Again, via PM, please send me a short word review of the all time SEGA classic, Sonic Shuffle. No longer than 500 words, and please attach a score out of 5 at the end. It can be as praiseworthy or as critical as you'd like.

--

The closing date for all applications will be two weeks from today, so Monday 2nd April. Also, unlike the last time we were looking for applicants, both positions are open WORLDWIDE, so feel free to give it a go!

If you have any further questions, then feel free to post a reply in this forum and I'll try and get back to ASAP. Please don't send an application via a reply here though, it won't be considered. PM only please!

Thanks for reading, and good luck!
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I'd apply, but I've never played Sonic Shuffle. Don't have a Dreamcast either.

And with many of the classics being re-released to PSN, there's no reason for me to do so either...

Got a different SEGA game I could do instead for the resumé?
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Uh....can I apply for the News team? Heh, heh...ack XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

crippenstation wrote:I'd apply, but I've never played Sonic Shuffle. Don't have a Dreamcast either.
Doesn't matter, just pop on over to Wiki, read what it's about and just make it up. Point is I want to see your writing style.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I may try for the News team if i have time
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I can't really commit to buying certain games or producing articles on demand, but I'll turn a couple of reviews out freelance style next month for the hell of it.
Tic Tac, sir?