Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TimeWalker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TimeWalker »

Hmm, kinda sad that there's not much talk about this game. I mean, it came out in the US too now!

This game was actually a Day 1 purchase for me. I bought it and enjoyed every second of this game. The music is sometimes really catchy (especially the soccer minigame music), the story was actually quite good and the games were interesting and not really hard. The only moment I really had to struggle were with the gyroscope minigames. I thought this was a bit unneeded, especially because it doesn't work all the time on two specific minigames.

Yeah, I can understand that maybe people are skeptical about the price, especially because it's a bit short. (6 hours story mode, 12 hours with two of three unlocked bonus chapters).

I would really love for a sequel but it doesn't look good sadly.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I still don't see the criticism for this game. One of better 3DS titles I've seen lately. Really getting this game in the US when I get the chance.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Giving this game a demo may have been the worst thing they could have done. Probably would have bought it on the cheap just because of the style, but then I played it and found out how awful it is and now I have no desire to get it regardless of price.

Just like Snake Eater 3D.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I didn't actually think the demo was that bad. A few timing issues here and there, but nothing major. Still a game that I wanna pick up, and I'm quite surprised that online retailers haven't started to drop the price yet.

Never fear, 3DS! You'll get some love, soon.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Once I get the money, I will try and get this game.

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I do plan on getting this at some point. But, as Gavvie said, online retailers should be doing some price drops by now. Maybe in a few weeks?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Seems to be doing a Tales price rise atm online
TimeWalker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TimeWalker »

I coud easily perfet on all the levels on the demo, so I don't know of any serious timing errors.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

So, just downloaded the demo to my 3DS, wil have a go at it later tonight.

EDIT:And here are my impressions~! Taken from my Twitter account:
"My impressions of Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure so far by testing the demo are...actually positive! The 1st level kinda threw me off a tad. Those arrow allignments were pretty tricky at first...ended up w/ a C-grade."

"Speaking of the other two demo levels were pretty tricky as well...and also challenging..."

"The second level you had to hide from the security by posing in front of (in your view) certain statues, these are color-coded as well..."

"Man,the music in that level is so kickass.Really created that level of suspense,while keeping the jazzy, tone of the game. An 'A' at the end"

"Lastly was a boss of sorts. The Big Bad sent his mooks on you,& w/ carefully timed uses of the control pad & A button......is how u hit the enemies.Including the big bad himself.The music in this one really lets u know when u need to react.Got a B in that one"
I can't say how much I loved the music in the demo, really catchy!