Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Street Pass is bad because it a) Is useless to anyone not living in a big city, b) assumes a game will be popular c) assumes people will actually bother turning on streetpass for the game d) assumes people would actually buy a 3DS.
For you at least, my brother likes the Streetpass feature. For number 1 definitely, too bad for those in rural areas then.
ZonicZoneCop
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ZonicZoneCop »

Reknoc wrote:Street Pass is bad because it a) Is useless to anyone not living in a big city, b) assumes a game will be popular c) assumes people will actually bother turning on streetpass for the game d) assumes people would actually buy a 3DS.
Well, you do have a point there.... It does make any streetpasses you get that much better though.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Well, there's seems to be real bad news for this game.....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:Well, there's seems to be real bad news for this game.....
The main issue, in my opinion, is that few people are willing to part £35 for a 3DS title. A new rhythm based IP is especially going to struggle to sell for £35. I tried the demo; it's nice, but not worth £35.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:The main issue, in my opinion, is that few people are willing to part £35 for a 3DS title. A new rhythm based IP is especially going to struggle to sell for £35. I tried the demo; it's nice, but not worth £35.
True, and it's most of the 3DS game library as of late. Obviously the first-party titles are well received and are worth the price (looking at you Kid Icridus Uprising). But then there are those not so mainstream, yet pretty enjoyable, games....and while enjoyable, aren't worth the full price like the first-party titles. I my own opinion of course.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

This came out? When?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:This came out? When?
April 5th for you folks over there. http://www.radiosega.net/news/sega/2012 ... australia/ (Bottom of news article)
Bisylizzie
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Post by Bisylizzie »

I bought a copy which didn't arrive till last week, and have so far been enjoying it, but I guess some people may be skeptical about buying it, both due to the price and due to the type of game :/ As it's not an established IP and everything... Got very little advertising, shops didn't have a copy for a while after launch... Essentially, a fail of a launch... Which is a shame as, again, I quite enjoyed it
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Bisylizzie wrote:I bought a copy which didn't arrive till last week, and have so far been enjoying it, but I guess some people may be skeptical about buying it, both due to the price and due to the type of game :/ As it's not an established IP and everything... Got very little advertising, shops didn't have a copy for a while after launch... Essentially, a fail of a launch... Which is a shame as, again, I quite enjoyed it
That's sad to hear, but from what the scene is over there I'm not surprised. Shame that there's potential in little gems like these but gets the shaft and eventually die off.
SonicBoom0
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SonicBoom0 »

I really like the game. Reminds me a lot of Professor Layton, with rhythm challenges instead of puzzles.