Kid Icarus: Uprising

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.

kid icarus buy or not

i would buy this game!
40%
i might buy this game
40%
i will not buy this game!
20%

Total votes: 5

thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Post by thesonicfan209 »

ok im starting this review mostly because i love this game and no one else has done one yet.[yes i know there can be multiple topics] oh and this is my first ever review so bare [is that the right one?] with me. ok getting to the contols you have to use the L-button to shoot the circle pad to move and the stylus to aim. Now if your left-handed you can change to the R-button and the A,B,X,Y buttons. this can get a little tiresome so the give you a special item. Now the box comes with a stand which can make it easier to hold now if you want to play by yourself in your room you better have a desk or something cuz its not anymore comfortable to hold that too and it comes with six idol ar cards which you view through the game and if you put two of opposite sides they'll start to fight oh and if you pre-ordered the game you get a free code to the 3d classic version of kid icarus. Anyways getting to the game, right now im only on chapter 5 and well i have to say that solo mode is well designed graphic wise and level route, but they should've mixed things up because in the beginning you have what is called a(n) "air battle" for about five minutes because pit [the main character and a(n) angel] cant fly so then lady palutena gives him that power of flight and after five minutes his wings will burn up so she lets you down on the ground. Then you have "land battles" which are straight forward because all you have to do is walk foward and attack [the worst part is probably the controls] and to finish the level you fight a boss, now the cool thing about solo mode is a thing called the fiends coldren,[i think thats how its spelled^] now what this does is raise and lower the intensity of the level the higher you go the more hearts and weapons you get. Okay now im going to tell you about the hearts. Hearts are used for buying weapons and allowing to raise or lower level intensity [2.1-9.0 and under 2.0] they are also used for bringing palutena closer in "spirit." Now there are many ways to get them the easiest is to kill the enemy's in solo mode and lots more. Ok now weapons, weapons are used for advancing through solo mode and beating those more experienced then you in multiplayer. [i'll get to it] Ok there are few types of weapons like claws,staffs,orbiters,bows,clubs and more. There is also lots of ways to get weapons, 1(progress through solo mode. 2( Play multiplayer. 3(buy them with your hearts. 4(finally is streetpass. Ok now multiplayer this is the most fun part of the game, there is almost never a time where you are alone your always either getting attacked or attacking, there is two modes to play from light vs. dark [my favorite] and free-for-all which is what it is in all games. Now light vs. dark is a 6 player match where your divided into two teams of three and basically its free-for-all until the the teams health is depleted [oh and the stronger your weapon is the more health you lose] and depending on which team either pit or dark pit will appear [thus the name] in order to win you have to defeat the other teams angel. score 9/10
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

You need to break that wall of text up a little :P
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:You need to break that wall of text up a little :P
Yea, I tried doing that but it just kept bunching it together. I dont know if it was just because I did it with my 3ds or not
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

thesonicfan209 wrote:Yea, I tried doing that but it just kept bunching it together. I dont know if it was just because I did it with my 3ds or not
And that is the problem, right there. I edited a blog on here using my 3DS and the result was the wall of text that you see up there. I had to delate to old one and retype it on a normal computer.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I think the fact you're only on chapter 5 shows why there isn't a review yet. The game is long, like, much longer than I thought. 5 is still the very beginning, so it'd be hard to have a proper opinion of how good the singleplayer is when games tend to be pretty front loaded.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Does this review even need a poll?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

This was a review?
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

Reknoc wrote:I think the fact you're only on chapter 5 shows why there isn't a review yet. The game is long, like, much longer than I thought. 5 is still the very beginning, so it'd be hard to have a proper opinion of how good the singleplayer is when games tend to be pretty front loaded.
well i beat the game a few mins ago and well, my opinion still stands well sorta but i think the end was hard i had to go back to 2.0 to beat it
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

May as well say my views on this game.

I frankly hate it...yes...you heard me right.

I found it to be corny in the worst way possible (to even Sonic levels), and the pandering to retro KI fans is unhealthally too much...I don't care which enemies were in the last game? I want to play!

Ugh...the constant chattering whilst facing enemies were annoying...the camera was awful and the method of control is something I will never do again.

They kept trolling Pit rather then helping him and I felt the hero was being undermined all the time to the point that I felt like quitting the game just to shut the supposedly powerful Goddess up.

The difficulty wasn't great either...even at 0.0 I felt like some enemies were cheap. The levels, although nice were boring as I trudged through the levels getting hit by cheap shots and hoping there is a hot spring near by.

The fake ending was also stupid...I wasn't shocked one bit but level 9 was a nightmare as it pretended to be the biggest finale ever!

As for the true boss of the game...what the hell? Are we having tea whilst I talk about how I am going to kill you? Wow...

I didn't take this game seriously even if that was its intention...but come on...I expected some seriousness from the bosses...it's as if every bad guy wasn't evil but just polite meanies since no one really was doing anything.

The part where an alien race comes in spiced things up...but it was too short and everyone started bickering like children.

Dark Pit was the only good part of the game...but even then I felt like they took a leaf from SEGA's book and made a Shadow for the series...

I tell a lie, I liked his mission...he didn't care for Palutrolla or the nature chick who's just as trollish. He did it for his own existance...and I thought that was a cool concept you rarely see in games.

It felt like it was trying to be a Sonic/Panzer Dragoon/Kingdom Hearts game to me...and it failed badly with Earthworm Jim like joke boss battles!

The game does have one positive for me..it was polished as I expected from Nintendo...but this prentending of trying to be it's own thing by copy/paste every franchise that does it right (or wrong...but you buy the game for those wrongs) is not working for the series for me.

I know many will defend this game...but if it's going to twist your hand and give you problems and the creator tells me I am not used to it...then that is bad...and I wouldn't like anyone to sustain long term injuries because of that fact.

Overall, I played the game...enjoyed it at first...but it got on my nerves by Chapter 6...and it went downhill from there saying the sameish things doing the sameish things (except from maybe...that whole Pit was gone for years mission).

The whole nature is right/humans are right crap is not what I expect from a kid's game. It's drumming in th wrong message even if it isn't serious....

I have never hated on a game so much in my life...even Sonic 06 had some good points to me! (and I hated some crap in that game too!)