The Great Big "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA" Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Snakethehedgeho wrote:it has region block
It doesn't. My EU PS Vita and PS3 both run the games fine. The only issue that might occur is if you're going to sync save data between the PS3 and PS Vita games as it requires a third party application that can only be downloaded from the JP PSN store.

As for it being in Japanese; it's really easy to figure out the menus and how to play.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The DLC for the vita version would be a problem if you wanted that.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:The DLC for the vita version would be a problem if you wanted that.
Oh aye, forgot about the DLC.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

It's getting a western release.

Thoughts? I personally would have preferred Yakuza 5 to get a western release...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:It's getting a western release.

Thoughts? I personally would have preferred Yakuza 5 to get a western release...
Already knew about this around late Thursday morning my time, right when it was announced.

Anyway, this is great news. The first time the Project Diva series will be properly introduced to the rest of the world (U.S. and Europe anyway). There was that teaser of the arcade machine in California but it's nothing like the console release, which will also be available in retail here in North America alongside digital download I believe.

SEGA's use of social media and how the Vocaloid voiced their support must've gotten to Crypton that the fanbase is more to it than just Japan.

And if Project Diva coming to the West instead Yakuza 5 or PSO2 set people off, please read this below first making judgments. From a post from the SSMB on this matter:

First this quote:
I was speaking of products developed in recent years (Yakuza 5, Yakuza HD collection, VC III and a whole load of Shining games for examples). SEGA has restricted its localization marketing drastically recently because of its financial losses, and to see a game like this getting localized instead of more worthy titles is just a waste, if not an insult.

An insult? What? Well then there's this response to the quote above:
What makes this game worth any less than those ones? Project Diva is an incredibly well made and solid rhythm game and deserves a chance over here especially as the only other miku hatsune game to come out officially in the west was a crappy iOS game. It's also very very popular, which is one of the main reasons they're bringing it over to the west.

Yakuza HD collection is also due for the west on the WiiU and Yakuza 5 will probably make it's way here eventually. VC isn't coming because it was never that popular here which is a real shame but that's the plain truth, I don't know much about the shining games to comment on them but I'm willing to bet they're not popular enough to be released here as well.
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Which do you think is easier to understand if you import it? A rhythm game or a game with a story that features a lot of dialogue that needs to be translated? That's the point the original post is trying to make. I could have imported Yakuza 5, but I didn't as wouldn't have been able to enjoy it since it relies so heavily on it's story. Project DIVA on the other hand I did import because it's enjoyment relies on the music and being able to hit the right button at the right time. It's a game that anyone can play and enjoy regardless of localisation. Hell, if Gavvie or I could play it when it's all in foreign then anyone can...

Project DIVA isn't a game that needs localisation. It can still be enjoyed without it. That's the point the first poster was trying to make. Not that one game is better than another which seems to be how poster number two seems to have interpreted the initial post as.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I suppose if they were going to release a game that'll lose them money it may as well be one that wouldn't cost much in the first place.

Still I wonder what the point of that Facebook thing was, what was the combined total of likes and shares? I'm sure I remember reading it was around 50k. Maybe it had less to do with gauging interest and more to do with bracing themselves for how bomba it will be.

Will probably pick a copy up now I won't have to pay miku-tax to import it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

SEQUEL ANNOUNCED.

Project DIVA F 2nd. For PS3 & PSVita. Spring 2014 in Japan.

Apparently the new game is 39% complete.

I demand more MEIKO in the sequel

Thread re-named.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

NA/EU release for both Vita and PS3 versions of the sequel has been announced.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Is this series selling well in the West by any chance?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010