The Great Big "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA" Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

SEGA will get told to release it in the West, then cut loads of features out because they're not relevant to the Western market.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:SEGA will get told to release it in the West, then cut loads of features out because they're not relevant to the Western market.
To be fair, the entire game is irrelevant to the Western market. The people who want it that badly will import it and it's not as if there's a massive language barrier. It's a rhythm game.

Still, worth a punt.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Played the demo, I don't think this game is for me. Not because of Miku, or the songs, which were alright. The one I played in the demo (Weekender Girls) didn't sound too bad, sort of like a female K.K. Slider. The game is just completely impossible for me, I don't think I managed to get a good ranking yet, shit just flies all over the screen at you.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Last weeks Media Creates is up and Miku rockets to the top of the chart with an impressive 110k beating out newcomers Soul Sacrifice by 20k and some PSP game based on an anime (Uta no Prince-sama) by around 50k.

Meanwhile the Miku in the west facebook push is at 23k likes and 15k shares. Not even half of what the game sold.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:Last weeks Media Creates is up and Miku rockets to the top of the chart with an impressive 110k beating out newcomers Soul Sacrifice by 20k and some PSP game based on an anime (Uta no Prince-sama) by around 50k.
I take it because of that PS Vita sales are once again doing real good in Japan than the Nintendo 3DS?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:I take it because of that PS Vita sales are once again doing real good in Japan than the Nintendo 3DS?
Because it came out this week on the PS3. Although the top three on the Media Creates chart are all Sony systems (PS3, PSV, PSP respectively) with Animal Crossing 4th, still managing to be in the top 5 somehow lol.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:Because it came out this week on the PS3. Although the top three on the Media Creates chart are all Sony systems (PS3, PSV, PSP respectively) with Animal Crossing 4th, still managing to be in the top 5 somehow lol.
Sony must be real proud right now, I bet. XD Thought the Vita version was still going strong, though.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:Sony must be real proud right now, I bet. XD Thought the Vita version was still going strong, though.
Vita version did better in its first week managing 150k, then eventually dropped off the charts 2months after release probably making it around 200k.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:Vita version did better in its first week managing 150k, then eventually dropped off the charts 2months after release probably making it around 200k.
Ah, so now its PS3 "parent" is showing good signs.

And I don't know if that Facebook push is going to do anything in the long run. I mean the support is there but I wonder is that support is equivalent to the Vocaloid fanbase outside of Japan?

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:Ah, so now its PS3 "parent" is showing good signs.
It is, though it's surprising the PS3 version did worse than the Vita version considering the Vita is still a struggling console.
mtwinny wrote:And I don't know if that Facebook push is going to do anything in the long run. I mean the support is there but I wonder is that support is equivalent to the Vocaloid fanbase outside of Japan?
The support doesn't seem to be there though, 40k is a tiny number, especially when you consider it's open world-wide and America and Europe are pretty big places. Though I imagine being on Facebook limits it a little, some people straight up refuse to make Facebook accounts for whatever reason.