The Great Big "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA" Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:Is this series selling well in the West by any chance?
Apparently well enough. Then again, Miku fans will buy anything they can. I know: I went to Akiba with one.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Final song list:

[youtube]Z0VK1fRU1BA[/youtube]

Thoughts?

There seems to be a lot re-used from the PSP games which might bug longtime fans of the series, but folks like me who only started with F aren't likely to complain.

Needs more Meiko though.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

World is Mine is in as a proper song so I'm good.

I don't really mind rhythm games reusing songs, in fact if they can keep a good balance of old and new I prefer it. Let's you play old songs you liked on a system that may have improvements. Like hopefully f 2nd on the vita isn't blurry as fuck for anything outside of the music videos!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Project Mirai 2 coming to the west in 2015: http://blogs.sega.com/2014/07/02/hatsun ... rai-remix/

Mirai 2 also has all the content of the first game, and a puyo puyo minigame! which I almost expect them to cut because the west isn't allowed Puyo Puyo
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Well, butter my biscuits: Even Puyo Puyo is more likely to come out over here than a new Yakuza game now.

Still, whoo, Project Mirai, I guess.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I think Mirai looks more fun than Project Diva since it isn't like being ambushed by a guerrilla group shooting dualshock symbols at you.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

New Project Diva announced, shockingly not coming to the PS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-pCNNbMCgA

Vita in March 2016, PS4 due for Autumn 2016
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

How fitting for a new installment around Miku's 8th anniversary.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Port of the arcade game is out now on Japanese PSN, free version has weekender girl and something that isn't that song, dunno what specifically is in each of the other 2 packs but I guess it's a smart way to release the constantly growing arcade game onto console.

Seems pretty interesting, hold notes are for bonus points instead of being fully required, slider mechanic along with new direction inputs. I guess it's balanced more for 4 buttons since I guess it uses the same note sheet as the arcade game but you can still use both the face buttons and the d-pad. In fact, by default the keys are shown and X, O, Left, and Up.

Played a lot of Weekender Girl on it and it's okay, I might get the megapack when I get paid. I really don't like how this game looks though, just really plasticy and nasty looking, feels like a waste of whatever vastly superior hardware its running on when I'd rather look at the vita version.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Port of the arcade game is out now on Japanese PSN, free version has weekender girl and something that isn't that song, dunno what specifically is in each of the other 2 packs but I guess it's a smart way to release the constantly growing arcade game onto console.
Friend of mine downloaded it and bought everything that goes with it.

It's pretty good. Nice port of the arcade version: I love that they included the slide controls from the arcade cab.

Anyone played Diva X yet? I tried the demo. I'll likely pick it up when it inevitably goes on sale.

Although the localisation in one of the songs bothered me somewhat. I'm always a little annoyed when the translators use a Japanese word when there's a perfectly serviceable English word available; Just makes the localisation look like an amateur job completed by a weeb.