Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

The Great Big "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA" Thread

Post by Twinny »

From the new post from RS:
Now us here at RadioSEGA are quite fond of the Vocaloids, namely its mascot Hatsune Miku (weeell, sans about a few) and if you have been playing the Project Diva series of games, well you might want to stay glued to Thursday of this week.

Siliconera is reporting a tease at a new game from SEGA Japan, and by how? A teaser site of course! Seen at the right, it reveals new information said to be revealed on April 12th this Thursday, more specifically at around "13:00" Japan time.

It seems that also this franchise is still alive and kicking, since the company as a whole is undergoing canceling games left and right...
Sooo yeah, I see quite a few peeps on here not really thrilled given the subject being Miku-related but I for one is quite curious to what that announcement might be...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'm mildly curious as to what it is. A few people have suggested a VITA Project DIVA title.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Wouldn't be surprised if this was 3DS or PS Vita based, to be honest.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if this was 3DS or PS Vita based, to be honest.
Isn't there already a 3DS Miku title in the works?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Very true! This announcement could be more info on Project MMMT then, which was announced on Christmas Eve but no further info was given.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if this was 3DS or PS Vita based, to be honest.
Woah!

Should have gone the whole hog and guessed it being a game starring Hatsune Miku as well!

edit: Isn't the 3DS game Project Mirai? That came out last month.

edit 2: It's a PS3 and Vita game http://andriasang.com/con0li/miku_ps3_vita/ Which likely means it's a Vita game with a PS3 port.

Couple of mag scans here with screen shots I guess Scan1 Scan2
Drakeo_D
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Drakeo_D »

I'm in strong opinion it will be on the Vita, I can remember seeing the tease a while back, and it will most likely include a Dreamy Theater update for the PS3. Keeping the franchise alive Since Sega also released http://miku.sega.jp/flick/en/ This week (already "sold" or already 32,000+ on Iphone Game center). Not a bad Learning tool/game for £9.99 / $14.99. Am in the middle of writing a mini review on it.
Kaito-kun wrote:Isn't there already a 3DS Miku title in the works?
Project Mirai - all ready to be released on the 3DS. Only thing stopping me buying this is the fact i would have to get a 3DS, and getting a 3DS just for Mirai is pointless. I'll be getting a PSV for PD, but at least i can bide my time.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Drakeo_D wrote: Project Mirai - all ready to be released on the 3DS. Only thing stopping me buying this is the fact i would have to get a 3DS, and getting a 3DS just for Mirai is pointless.
It'd have to be a Japanese 3DS too. Curse you Nintendo and your region locking!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Updated the original news post with credit to you Reknoc ^^

So it's another Project Diva? It it sounds like the Vita version may be the parent version of the two as well, given how well the series been on Sony's handhelds with past Project Diva titles.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Drakeo_D
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Drakeo_D »

http://miku.sega.jp/next/ it's official Vita version this summer. PS3 version 2013. and not long released Video of the new game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHtmrpHS_Q8