The Great Big "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA" Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Friend of mine downloaded it and bought everything that goes with it.

It's pretty good. Nice port of the arcade version: I love that they included the slide controls from the arcade cab.

Anyone played Diva X yet? I tried the demo. I'll likely pick it up when it inevitably goes on sale.

Although the localisation in one of the songs bothered me somewhat. I'm always a little annoyed when the translators use a Japanese word when there's a perfectly serviceable English word available; Just makes the localisation look like an amateur job completed by a weeb.
played the demo on PS4, barely managed to pass the first song i tried, should probably try it on vita at some point.
Kaito-kun wrote:Just makes the localisation look like an amateur job completed by a weeb.
perfect for the target audience.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:played the demo on PS4, barely managed to pass the first song i tried, should probably try it on vita at some point.
I forgot there's a Vita version. Hmmm, might as well go for that one then. The Vita is pretty much "Rhythm Games and JRPGs: The Console!" at this point.
Reknoc wrote:perfect for the target audience.
Heh, fair point. Weeb trash audience gets weeb trash localisation.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Wow. This thread hasn't been updated in a loooong time. DX Guess I'll be the one to revive it!

So, a few days ago I decided to get some extra tracks for Miku Flick /02 for the iPad since I've had it for a couple of years with just the base game. But when I go to search for the game in the App Store, it doesn't seem to be there anymore!! Like, when the heck did SEGA decide, "Hey, you know that Miku game we released a whlile back? LET'S TAKE IT DOWN!"????

I mean, the game was perfectly fine. No game-breaking bugs, no gameplay issues aside of a bad frame rate (which I assume they could've fixed with a patch since they did so with Sonic Dash multiple times)...the only reason I can think of is that it wasn't making them money--which is fine, if not for the fact that the first game is still on the App Store. :unsure: WHY.

Anyone want to pass this info on to the SEGA news sites, or is it too trivial?

By the way, I apologize in advance if I sound ignorant to the way businesses function; I have no knowledge of the topic whatsoever, so if I offend someone, please forgive me.

Anyways, there's a new Project Diva game coming out! And it looks hype!! One more reason added to the list of reasons for me to get my first ever PlayStation console, the PS4. ^.^
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Just in case any one here is interested, looks like Miku will be getting her own board game soon...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

"Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone" (Christ that's a mouthful) is a freemium version of the game that's available on PS4. It's basically a port of the arcade game.

Well, really it's a demo of two songs for free then you can buy song packs for it if you want.

It's a nice enough idea, however, my biggest gripe with it is size and price of the aforementioned song packs. There's only two and they'll cost you around £30 a pop for over 100 songs each. While this is a nice idea for the Vocaloid obsessive who wants EVERYTHING I feel there should have been an option for the less obsessive fans to buy multiple smaller sized song packs at a lower price or even individual songs, which the huge packs being a special bundle deal for those who want to throw down their cash all at once.

But hey, SEGA needs to rinse that sweet sweet yen from weebs.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

There is sort of the option to do that as in there's DLC (excluding Future Sound and Colourful Tone), that come with 3 songs each for £8. Would be nice if they did that for all songs, but at least you can do it for some.
:SEGA:
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

GreenViper8 wrote:There is sort of the option to do that as in there's DLC (excluding Future Sound and Colourful Tone), that come with 3 songs each for £8. Would be nice if they did that for all songs, but at least you can do it for some.
Yeah, but they don't include any songs from the main Future Soud or Colourful Tone song backs; they're just extras that were added in later if I remember correctly. I was talking about breaking down the FS/CT packs as optional smaller bundles.
LutheBear
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LutheBear »

All Vita Games of Hatsune Miku are on Discount.
I grappled my Version and it is super fun! I know why you are all become Big Fans 😋