Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78
  1. #31
    Host of Saturday Night SEGA Gavvie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,096

    Default

    SEGA will get told to release it in the West, then cut loads of features out because they're not relevant to the Western market.

  2. #32
    Ace Detective Kaito-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Just off the A74(M)
    Posts
    7,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavvie View Post
    SEGA will get told to release it in the West, then cut loads of features out because they're not relevant to the Western market.
    To be fair, the entire game is irrelevant to the Western market. The people who want it that badly will import it and it's not as if there's a massive language barrier. It's a rhythm game.

    Still, worth a punt.

  3. #33
    Mo Reknoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    10,942

    Default

    Played the demo, I don't think this game is for me. Not because of Miku, or the songs, which were alright. The one I played in the demo (Weekender Girls) didn't sound too bad, sort of like a female K.K. Slider. The game is just completely impossible for me, I don't think I managed to get a good ranking yet, shit just flies all over the screen at you.

  4. #34
    Mo Reknoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    10,942

    Default

    Last weeks Media Creates is up and Miku rockets to the top of the chart with an impressive 110k beating out newcomers Soul Sacrifice by 20k and some PSP game based on an anime (Uta no Prince-sama) by around 50k.

    Meanwhile the Miku in the west facebook push is at 23k likes and 15k shares. Not even half of what the game sold.

  5. #35
    Haha. Twinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    Last weeks Media Creates is up and Miku rockets to the top of the chart with an impressive 110k beating out newcomers Soul Sacrifice by 20k and some PSP game based on an anime (Uta no Prince-sama) by around 50k.
    I take it because of that PS Vita sales are once again doing real good in Japan than the Nintendo 3DS?
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew


  6. #36
    Mo Reknoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    10,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtwinny View Post
    I take it because of that PS Vita sales are once again doing real good in Japan than the Nintendo 3DS?
    Because it came out this week on the PS3. Although the top three on the Media Creates chart are all Sony systems (PS3, PSV, PSP respectively) with Animal Crossing 4th, still managing to be in the top 5 somehow lol.

  7. #37
    Haha. Twinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    Because it came out this week on the PS3. Although the top three on the Media Creates chart are all Sony systems (PS3, PSV, PSP respectively) with Animal Crossing 4th, still managing to be in the top 5 somehow lol.
    Sony must be real proud right now, I bet. Thought the Vita version was still going strong, though.
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew


  8. #38
    Mo Reknoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    10,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtwinny View Post
    Sony must be real proud right now, I bet. Thought the Vita version was still going strong, though.
    Vita version did better in its first week managing 150k, then eventually dropped off the charts 2months after release probably making it around 200k.

  9. #39
    Haha. Twinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    Vita version did better in its first week managing 150k, then eventually dropped off the charts 2months after release probably making it around 200k.
    Ah, so now its PS3 "parent" is showing good signs.

    And I don't know if that Facebook push is going to do anything in the long run. I mean the support is there but I wonder is that support is equivalent to the Vocaloid fanbase outside of Japan?
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew


  10. #40
    Mo Reknoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    10,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtwinny View Post
    Ah, so now its PS3 "parent" is showing good signs.
    It is, though it's surprising the PS3 version did worse than the Vita version considering the Vita is still a struggling console.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtwinny View Post
    And I don't know if that Facebook push is going to do anything in the long run. I mean the support is there but I wonder is that support is equivalent to the Vocaloid fanbase outside of Japan?
    The support doesn't seem to be there though, 40k is a tiny number, especially when you consider it's open world-wide and America and Europe are pretty big places. Though I imagine being on Facebook limits it a little, some people straight up refuse to make Facebook accounts for whatever reason.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RadioSEGA is a fan site and is not owned or endorsed by SEGA Corporation.
All music tracks played on this station are © SEGA and/or respective artist(s).
The SEGA logo and all associated characters are © & ™ of SEGA Corporation.

RadioSEGA is © 2009 Mark Kidley and © 2011-2013 Simon Shirley - oh, and probably Gavin Storey too!
Contact Us
About RadioSEGA
Help & Support
Staff Login