Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - 2013

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Uh, why?
Please don't mind him......but of course SOMEONE will object. :p

And that new Mickey Mouse 3DS title says hi brother. :P
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Personally I don't care whether it's 2.5D or 2D as long as the gameplay's there.

Dawn Of Sorrow is 2.5D in quite a few spots, but it's so subtle that you hardly even notice it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I believe all the DS games and Symphony played around with some 3D in the environment.

Rumours seem to be that there's no levelling up or loot in this one.

Source of the rumoured details http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05 ... r-of-fate/

Will be interesting to see how the connectivity with Lords of Shadow 2 works, if it does exist.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Wow, Lords of Shadow is shite.
Not totally teetotal.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I love Lords of Shadow. It's not really a Castlevania game in the sense that the gameplay's more God of war than SOTN but I enhjoyed it alot. I'll be looking forward to the sequel. It's possibly my favourite series Castlevania. I really do enjoy them.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

richarddavies wrote:I love Lords of Shadow. It's not really a Castlevania game in the sense that the gameplay's more God of war than SOTN but I enhjoyed it alot. I'll be looking forward to the sequel. It's possibly my favourite series Castlevania. I really do enjoy them.
SotN is not really a Castlevania game since the gameplay's more like Metroid than Castlevania ;)
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

And Metroid Prime isn't a Metroid game because the game plays more like a first person shooter. :B
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:And Metroid Prime isn't a Metroid game because the game plays more like a first person shooter. :B
Hmm, doesn't really work. Prime did a pretty good job transferring Metroid gameplay to a different perspective. Castlevania changed entirely.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Bullshit. You must not have played very much Castlevania.

SOTN is more like Castlevania than Metroid Prime is Metroid. Metroid Prime did almost a complete change in genres while SOTN is still side scrolling action. It just so happens that you can now level up your character. Going from level to level to having one huge map is really not that big of a change either. It just makes it a bit more non linear. Big whoop
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Castlevania started off as an action platformer, SotN turned it into a action RPG adventure game. The IGA games have almost 0 challenge in the actual platforming opting to have more exploration and making all the challenge in the combat.

There was an entire change in design not just "making the map bigger".