How much is your collection worth?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

My 'collection' was probably worth quite a bit before I stopped buying games much and started selling a couple of years ago. Probably made well over a grand selling games since then. Sold some nice ones like symphony of the night and faselei for good coin. I never actually collected games consciously, I just bought stuff I wanted to play and couldn't be bothered to sell it so it all piled up over the years. I did like a lot of the games but I don't find it that hard to shift stuff I haven't played in a while. Games take up too much space; I only live in a flat and I could put a nice stereo on that shelf!

There's only a few games I would really want to keep for sentimental reasons - Dynamite Cop, Virtua Striker 2 and a couple of my shooters like Zero Gunner 2 and Mars Matrix and that. And keep a current gen console around. The rest I could live without.

I reckon there's still about 2 grands worth of stuff in my parents' attic. Should sell it all off over the summer and have a nice party with the proceeds. Might keep a copy of strider 2 hanging around though, that's a good game.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I wish I kept more than I have. I just always end up in a situation where im skint so need to sell something. I've had loads of great games over the years too. I do have a select few that I won't touch though. Most of my Dreamcast stuff being one lot.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

My collection? Probably worthless now i've cleared off all my good games
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Kaito-kun wrote:Bah! How can you sell them again? Am I the only one that doesn't trade in or sell on my games?
I don't either!
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Kaito-kun wrote:Bah! How can you sell them again? Am I the only one that doesn't trade in or sell on my games?
I'm more than just a gamer, so I've got to have priorities sometimes. In my state's shitty job market, being a reseller really helps me out. I've made around $2000 or more from reselling. That and reselling gets me more money to buy more games, so it's a win win. Example, I bought a brand new copy of Valis 3 for $5. Sold it for like $60. That made me able to get many more games that I wanted.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I HAVE wondered every now and then whether how much my Sonic collection would be worth but... I'm not sure if it's still that much of a collection. Plus the fact that they wouldn't be worth that much... yeah... But I would never think of selling them. My sonic collection is my pride and joy.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I HAVE wondered every now and then whether how much my Sonic collection would be worth but... I'm not sure if it's still that much of a collection. Plus the fact that they wouldn't be worth that much... yeah... But I would never think of selling them. My sonic collection is my pride and joy.
Stick with your collection man, I and everyone here are sure that you cherish your Sonic collection in high regard. So, it'll be insane and kinda stupid to get rid of your collection. That is....is you are seriously cash-strapped.... :P
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

As far as the games go, not counting the merch like T-Shirts and stuff I believe Knuckles Chaotix is the most valuable Sonic game especially if you have a complete copy. I could be wrong though. Knuckles Chaotix complete sells from $60-80
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Shuffle are one of the only old games I still need to play... All the other games I either own or have as a remake on some other game.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Haha!!! I have both!! But I don't have a 32x (yet) I am either going to sell Knuckles chaotix or buy a 32x which here is very rare and costs about 150€ (188$)