How much is your collection worth?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

How much is your collection worth?

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Decided to make a spreadsheet today of my collection. Mainly because I was curious about how much it was worth, but of course there are a few benefits to making spreadsheets for collectors as well. When your collection gets so big, you might forget that you have something and buy a duplicate by mistake. For example, I forgot I had Shadow Dancer with the box.

Click here to see my collection.

I haven't been collecting for too long. Only for a couple of years so far. But I've run into ALOT of bargains.

Also, incase you're wondering how I actually price the "Market Value" I look at the lowest price on both eBay and Amazon for the given item according to its condition, and average both results together. For example, if I want to find out what a complete copy of Sonic 2 is worth, and eBay's lowest price listed is $6 with $2 shipping, then I see it in the same condition on Amazon for $1 with $4.99 shipping I'll just say it's worth $6.

Have any of you done this before? If you have any spreadsheets or documents showing how much your collection's worth, go ahead and share them. If you haven't, then this is a good time to try it.
---

Also another note, I have no Sega CD, Saturn, or Dreamcast games in that list because all of them are burnt. >_>; I only listed what I actually own hard/legal copies of.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

I have no idea how much my collection is worth today, but I know for a fact that in all those years I spent at least over €10000 on dreamcast games alone (& I'm not even counting the consoles & peripherals...). I don't think I'll ever do the spreadsheet thing like you said, it'll take me 2 years to look everything up ;) , besides I have some stuff that only popped up on ebay once or twice, so there's really no way to actually check/know how much its worth...I'm guessing quite a lot, as all my stuff is mint or near mint (eg: I hate cracked boxes, so when I completed my PAL collection, I started hunting for replacement boxes for the broken ones. I have no idea how much a complete mint PAL collection is worth, but I assume I'll be able to buy a new car with that ammount :lol: )
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Niiice. Yeah my collection's nowhere near as valuable as alot of people's XD I figured it'd be kind of interesting to see anyway though.

Also I just looked at your Dreamcast collection in your signature. All I can say is..DAMN
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

mazonemayu wrote:i have no idea how much my collection is worth today, but i know for a fact that in all those years i spent at least over €10000 on dreamcast games alone (& i'm not even counting the consoles & peripherals...). I don't think i'll ever do the spreadsheet thing like you said, it'll take me 2 years to look everything up ;) , besides i have some stuff that only popped up on ebay once or twice, so there's really no way to actually check/know how much its worth...i'm guessing quite a lot, as all my stuff is mint or near mint (eg: I hate cracked boxes, so when i completed my pal collection, i started hunting for replacement boxes for the broken ones. I have no idea how much a complete mint pal collection is worth, but i assume i'll be able to buy a new car with that ammount :lol: )
oooohhhhh mmmmyyyy gggoooddd!!!
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:
Also I just looked at your Dreamcast collection in your signature. All I can say is..DAMN
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

How can you put a price on things that give you so many memories and such joy?
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Last Year I sold my collection... http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-top ... on/492853/ !!!
Nooo, I'm just kidding!
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Kaito-kun wrote:How can you put a price on things that give you so many memories and such joy?
Curiosity. That and I both collect and resell.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Kaito-kun wrote:How can you put a price on things that give you so many memories and such joy?
Ebay
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:I both collect and resell.
richarddavies wrote:Ebay
Bah! How can you sell them again? Am I the only one that doesn't trade in or sell on my games?