Games that SHOULD be made?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Well all right then,
Wrath Oskvro wrote:Weren't you just saying in another thread that life would be boring if nobody had a different opinion?
Exactly. And if you scroll up to where I quoted your original comment were you not the one complaining about me for having a different opinion to RW26 Blaze? I never said RW26 Blaze's idea wasn't interesting. Just that it's bad. Very, very bad.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I was annoyed at the snooty nature of your post towards him, YOU were complaining about his opinion.

And if you weren't then you have a really odd way to word things.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:Weren't you just saying in another thread that life would be boring if nobody had a different opinion?
Kaito-kun wrote:Can you look me in the eye and honestly tell me that a game with Silver or Blaze as the protagonist would be a good idea for everyone involved?

Would it be a hit for SEGA? Would average joe gamer in the street think "This game is fantastic!"? Would fans of Sonic think "Wow! I'm so glad they took the Sonic franchise in direction!"? Do you, Wrath, really, really want to see more of Sonic's "Friends" in the spotlight? Particularly the more recent "Friends"?

Wasn't Sonic 4 demanded because people wanted to go back to the roots of the franchise, before most of these "Friends" appeared? Sonic Generations was celebrated by fans, gamers in general and critics alike. Heck, even Sonic Colours was seen in the eyes of Joe Everyman as one of the first good Sonic games for a while. Now, what did they all have in common? A much, much reduced role for the "Friends" and I know that I wasn't the only one who enjoyed them all the more for it.

And if this thread is all about ideas then surely we're allowed to say what we think about them? If it's good we can say "Hey! I like that idea!" and we can add to it, if it's bad then we can say "That's a terrible idea" and hopefully get a discussion going on why it's good or bad. Now, I hope that my reasons for thinking that it's a bad idea are now clear. I'll apologise to RW26 Blaze for the snarky comment - even thought it seems only you Wrath were offended by it - but I still think it's a terrible idea.
Well after rreading both these claims, I guess I shouldn't put my "game" idea in this thread then..... :V
Reknoc wrote:Should have just ended the thread with Waluigi. It should always be Waluigi time.

(it'd be a platformer in the same vein as Prince of Persia/Flashback)
FOR ONCE, I can agree with you wholy on this...I mean, who doesn't love Waluigi?!

EDIT: Maybe this thread should release some steam....as in closing this for the time being so EVERYONE can stop getting at everyone's throats....just a thought...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

No, do share your game ideas Twinny. That's why I made the thread.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Well, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see some sort of platformer....don't know what tho.....it's all about damn shooters these days.....

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Yyyyeah. Speaking of shooters though, I'd like an Unreal 3. Not Unreal Tournament 3, just Unreal 3.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:Well, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see some sort of platformer....don't know what tho.....it's all about damn shooters these days.....
Keep the ball rolling; you've pipped my curiosity. You're not the only one suffering from shooter over-load.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

I mean, games these days it all about FPS and crap....that's what gamers here in the U.S. are hooked on (no offense to those that do like them) I just wanna see genres that became overshadowed (adventure, platformer) by the rise of genres like shooters...that's all. :/

Oh, and my game idea would have original characters, not existing ones. :V (So yea....no Waluigi tiem sadly....lol)

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:I mean, games these days it all about FPS and crap....that's what gamers here in the U.S. are hooked on

Yeah, there's a strange theory in Western popular culture at the moment that seems to be "Well America likes it that means it's good!" the sad thing is that the same line of thinking is starting to rub off on people as well.
mtwinny wrote: Oh, and my game idea would have original characters, not existing ones. :V
Any ideas on these characters yet?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Touching on the FPS subject, there are definitely too many of them around there, but I do enjoy a good FPS. Keyword, good. When it's done right and in a unique way. I really loved playing XIII and I like most of the Bond games (they've been done a bunch so I guess they're not really unique now but at least they're not Call Of Duty). I even liked Call Of Duty 4 though a bit, but what I hate about the series and the games like it are of course the endless redundancy.

Anywho, YES we need more platformers :D And Sega needs to bring back Eternal Champions too.