Would you buy an updated console?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

Would you buy an updated SNES or Megadrive?

Yes
25%
No
50%
Maybe
25%

Total votes: 4

baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Would you buy an updated console?

Post by baraka6 »

Ive been having a long conversation with a friend about retro gaming specifically Megadrive and SNES, We all know that now having a wider range of platforms to play these games on they still sell like hotcakes because people want to play them

So my question to you all is if they created a SNES or Megadrive with the entire library of games built in, would you buy it?

It would be the same shells we all know and love along with the controllers but updated connections for the latest TVs and have RAM save functions, The frontend would have the classic covers shown with descriptions and screenshots

Let me know your thoughts
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

baraka6 wrote: So my question to you all is if they created a SNES or Megadrive with the entire library of games built in, would you buy it?

It would be the same shells we all know and love along with the controllers but updated connections for the latest TVs and have RAM save functions, The frontend would have the classic covers shown with descriptions and screenshots

Let me know your thoughts
No, I prefer my good 'ol megadrive! Also, doesn't that exist??
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

i know they have released a megadrive with 20 games built in but not the whole library of games

Dont get me wrong i love the megadrive i grew up playing as a kid
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

I didn't get you wrong :biggrin: But with my knowledge of roms and eproms, It would need an HDD or SSD for that matter!
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

It would need 1-2GB for storage of the games and a smaller chip for save states, data and interface
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

baraka6 wrote:i know they have released a megadrive with 20 games built in but not the whole library of games
You can get one that's not only got those built in, but also a slot that actually takes Mega Drive games from any region.

Granted, the unit itself isn't actually that great (quite flimsy build quality if memory serves), but it is out there.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Gavvie wrote: Granted, the unit itself isn't actually that great (quite flimsy build quality if memory serves), but it is out there.
Sad but true (lol)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I've got one, it's called my PC.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I voted maybe. Mainly because they do have upgraded versions (Like the Firecore) but they suck complete ass. There's no excuse for inaccurate emulation when the system has been around for this long, especially since emulating it on PC was perfected like 10 years ago.

Now if there were actually an accurate clone of it with all the latest video connections and whatever. Like say a Mega Drive/Genesis made by Sega themselves, or hell even another company I'd tolerate, so long as it had perfectly accurate emulation and RGB connections (since the model 1 can output RGB and all) then I would definitely jump on it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:I voted maybe. Mainly because they do have upgraded versions (Like the Firecore) but they suck complete ass. There's no excuse for inaccurate emulation when the system has been around for this long, especially since emulating it on PC was perfected like 10 years ago.

Now if there were actually an accurate clone of it with all the latest video connections and whatever. Like say a Mega Drive/Genesis made by Sega themselves, or hell even another company I'd tolerate, so long as it had perfectly accurate emulation and RGB connections (since the model 1 can output RGB and all) then I would definitely jump on it.
You hit the nail on the head, its has been emulated 100% on pc for so long yet so many clones cant perfect it, i should have stated in my first post that the consoles would be made by either Sega Or Nintendo not any other company.