NiGHTS Into Dreams Goes Digital!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:To do what?
Gonna get flak for saying this, but for NIGHTS into Dreams to get a worldwide re-release.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I'll probably get it to give it another chance. Not played it in years but I found it hard to get into to be honest. I just never clicked with it.
geekolosky
Level 2
Level 2

Post by geekolosky »

Gavvie wrote:Wouldn't surprise me, if I'm honest. Imagine it'd be much easier to take a PS2 game and give it HD visuals as opposed to a Saturn one, unless you're re-designing the whole thing again ala Guardian Heroes.
You're right.

With the XBLA version of Radiant Silvergun, we know that all of the specific features of SEGA Saturn are very hard to reproduce, especially transparency. With NiGHTS and this PS2 ver., I think that will be a lot simpler for the developers. If I can say so, a part of the job is already done.

BluePuyo wrote:Well, great news.
I too noted it's the PS2 ver. It should include Christmas NiGHTS as well, unless SEGA decides to go to the "DLC" route like SA.
If it's release this fall, there a lot of chance Christmas NiGHTS will be included with (and I bet on november for the release date).
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

I don't get it, whenever Sega announce they're gonna recycle one of their old games in HD everyone goes WOOHOO!!
but...when someone mentions the words new Sega console, the world goes BOOO!!
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

mazonemayu wrote:but...when someone mentions the words new Sega console, the world goes BOOO!!
I don't know of many people booing a new Sega console. I think it's just thought of as very unlikely (which unfortunately I agree with).
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

This is the next thing I'm going to buy!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Gonna get flak for saying this, but for NIGHTS into Dreams to get a worldwide re-release.
Ah okay, just seemed like a strange way of saying it. Because, what, 15 years ago that would have been a good thing?
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:Ah okay, just seemed like a strange way of saying it. Because, what, 15 years ago that would have been a good thing?
Yeah let's go with that.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

geekolosky wrote:If it's release this fall, there a lot of chance Christmas NiGHTS will be included with (and I bet on november for the release date).
I don't doubt it.

It was just my supposition if it will be included with this same release, as an unlockable, like the PS2 ver, or possibly leave it out and make it as DLC.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Can't see why they wouldn't include the Christmas version.