How did you meet Sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

1995, Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System version). It was also the first game I ever completed.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

1994, played Sonic the Hedgehog on the Model 1 Mega Drive.
Got quite hooked on it instantly.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Thanks to the one who moved the thread! I realised that I have put it in the wrong place just after I posted it :p
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I don't have a clue how old I was or what year, but I do know I was extremely young. I went to my cousin's house and we went to his bedroom and he'd been playing the Sega Genesis (model 2 to be exact if that gives anyone any ideas of when the year was) and he had two games. Power Rangers, and Sonic 2. I loved both at the time, but of course I was really astounded by Sonic 2. This was also the first time I'd seen a 16 bit game if I recall correctly.

That day is what also started my love for the Genesis/Mega Drive. Been a huge fan ever since :p
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I remember....
My first interaction the gaming speedster wasn't during the "Glory Days" of the franchise...nonono....it was during the 'Adventure Era'. To the best of my memory my friend had Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and was could borrow it. Being a young'n I didn't get very far in the game but sue me. That and immediately afterwards I wanted to know if there was a handheld Sonic game. Lo and behold Sonic Advance was out so yeah......
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

It would be around 1993-1994. I remember having Mickey Mania as my first game when I received my SEGA Genesis, that would be 1994. But at the same time, I have that blurred memory of having played Sonic 2 before, and another game I don't remember which.

All that aside, my first Sonic game was Sonic 2 anyway, and that's when I met him.
nightmare32s
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nightmare32s »

:3 About 2002-2003! Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on TV! <3
What can I say...Er...I love Sonic and I am Italian XD?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

My first experience would be around 1991-92. It was round a friend's house as they influenced the consoles we owned. Sonic 1 on the Master System was the first one we had, followed by the sequel, before getting Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive.

I remember around that time, waking early on school mornings to see my father off for work and then the cartoons would air on TV.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

If i remember correctly, i first saw sonic on a cartoon, then a few days later played the first sonic game on the mega drive
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I had bought CVG magazine and read an read a review about the game there. And if I remember correctly there was also an issue with a VHS tape with game videos. Among them was Sonic and after that I was hooked. Sold my A500 and bought myself a Megadrive with Sonic.