How did you meet Sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

How did you meet Sonic?

Post by Whooa21 »

Just like the title says:
How and when did you first meet Sonic, at what age (if you remember) etc...
Here I go

I first saw him when I was 4 years old on a tv showing Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (translated into greek)
It was shown late (about midnight) and I saw it because I was sick and I wasn't going to school the next day.
Man, how I loved that show! I even captured the episodes in greek and still have them on my pc :)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Not sure this thread will stay alive....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

Well I played Sonic The Hedgehog for the Genesis back in the summer of 1991 and since then I've been a fan since.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

1995 Sonic 2 in my (then) friends house, proceeded to get my own megadrive that christmas and never looked back since
Johnny Vicious
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Johnny Vicious »

in 1992 when sonic 2 just came out i picked up the megadrive controller and never put it down :)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I don't exactly remember when I first met sonic.

One memory I have of when I probably first met sonic was when I went to someone's house and instead of playing with the little kids(since I was a little kid back than too), I went and played with the Big boys and they were playing on their SEGA genesis. I fell in love with Videogames instantly. I know I played a lot of games at their house but I can only remember two of the games which were Tailspin... and Sonic 2. God I loved it to bits.

I also remember my Uncles and Cousin having a Genesis so I might have seen them play Sonic and Streets of Rage as well.

EDIT: OH oh oooh... I also remember when I was a very little kid... and I used to go to this person's house... I think it might have been mum's cousin... but I used to go to their house and play Sonic 3... Heh... I always used to call the person to help me cause I didn't even know how to choose tails and I always made them do the special stages for me...
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

back in '91 or so when I was 17, a guy I knew who worked in a computer shop & who went on summer vacation to the USA in july, brought 5 or 6 copies of Sonic the hedgehog for the genesis back. I was lucky be in the shop (I always went there to play games with my buddy) at the shop the moment he arrived too, he came straight from the airport with his luggage to show off the new game he brought & let me play it, so chances are that I was the first one in Belgium to play that first Sonic game. Needless to say I was blown away at the time: the colours, the speed...

true story
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

My first experience was a little different to other peoples. My first was actually getting a megadrive when I was around 5 and I liked at first, but it was too hard for me and I just getting annoyed by act 3 of green hill zone that I just quit. I didn't play another Sonic game that I remember until Shadow the Hedgehog and I loved that game, that was when I was about 10 I think. I think I got this before Heroes, but I'm not 100% certain.
DigiDragoon
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DigiDragoon »

I played Sonic when I was 3, cause it was my first ever game as well cause I only saw that one on the side of I put it in and my dad helpped me play it. The game itself also gave me the fear of water till I was about 9 D: stupid Labyrinth zone lol, but ever since I've been playing Sonic and I think I have played them all to date, not sure but still :D awesome character.
Darkness5000
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Darkness5000 »

I played sonic 2 when I was 4 and I LOVED it!!!! The gameplay and music where so amazing to me! (Still is today!) I even stop playing Super Mario Bros.
"Too fast for the naked eye"