RadioSEGA Review: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (DS)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

I agree completely in everything except the story, which I think is far for being decent. The concept to expand the story of the knuckles's ancestors was nice, but was executed bad. And like TheChaosBlue, the characterization was out of place.

A shame, really. A RPG starring Sonic was something I always wanted to play someday.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Making Sonic a massive dick was somewhat amusing.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Characterization wasn't decent to me; it was more of a 'off the mark' thing.

Good review though. And theme for Nocturne....absolutely awful. A disgrace of the original track. Shame really, Jacques is a good composer....who knows what went wrong.
Jacques composed only 4 tracks on the soundtrack - Green Hill, Zoah Colony and the 2 Voxai Colonies.

As for the characterization - it was okay. It wasn't GREAT, mind you, but it was decent. I liked Knuckles' stuff in particular, and Sonic's sarcastic lines were somewhat amusing.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Option wrote:Jacques composed only 4 tracks on the soundtrack - Green Hill, Zoah Colony and the 2 Voxai Colonies.

As for the characterization - it was okay. It wasn't GREAT, mind you, but it was decent. I liked Knuckles' stuff in particular, and Sonic's sarcastic lines were somewhat amusing.
In any case, they should have just made Jacques compose the whole soundtrack. At least he would have done some justice. XD

And yeah, Knuckles was alright in terms of characterization in that game; the main series aren't doing crap with him in that regard.