Gunman Kills, Injures Movie Goers in Colarado Movie Theater

What it says on the tin...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Gunman Kills, Injures Movie Goers in Colarado Movie Theater

Post by Twinny »

Damn, this is just sad.......apparently during the midnight release of The Dark Knight Rises, a "heavily armed gunman attacked an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater early Friday, tossing tear gas before opening fire on the terrified audience and killing 12 and wounding 38, authorities said. The theater was showing the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises."

EDIT:Now the death toll has reached 13 dead.

This is just horrendous and stupid. Why the hell would this happen? Like c'mon.

Here;s the link: http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colora ... index.html

My condolences to all those affected in the shooting.

EDIT: Now a 3 month year old been sen to the hospital. Wow.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Heard about it on the radio at work: What would possess someone to do something like this?

Anyway, here's a typical "America is silly for allowing people to buy guns" comment.
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

Good Lord what's wrong with people these days...
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

This is sad my condolences to all the victims that were killed and injured
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

This is just fcuking stupid and out-right heinous. What in the great hell would make someone do this?

America gun-laws need to get their damn priorities straight, but what Kaito said is right; we are silly.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Im pretty liberal when it comes to a lot of things but i tend to defend gun ownership because i understand why we have this right (if we ban weapons i wouldn't mind either cause i ALSO understand why if we do), the sad part is crazy psychopaths like this guy who mistreat their right and use it against others. People like this brings down the majority who are responsible for their right to own weapons. It's just like school when a small group of stupid kids does something stupid that forces the school to punish every kid. Like canceling prom ect. (We all experienced this in some kind of way. Doesn't have to be school) Now don't start attacking me for this, just my opinion. (wouldn't mind having a debate just dont go overboard)

I do believe the fact that we allow citizens to own guns opens more doors for the psychos. That's obvious. I do think we need stricter laws making sure people like this or criminals cannot get their hands on a weapon. Also "automatic weapons" and others like the tear gas should be illegal. Which im pretty sure it is, im surprise this guy didnt raise any red flags when he obtained the tear gas.
I hate to use a hero quote for this but "With great power comes great responsibility." Owning a weapon i see it as a privilege here to protect yourself, family, home ect. But if you use it for ANY OTHER REASON you show you can't be trusted, and you are not responsible to own it and so i think they should lose their right permanently to use weapons.

Anyway even if we do make it illegal one day here (Wouldn't be surprised) we're still going to have mass murders like this. Sad part is this is not just our country. This isn't an "American" problem. Look at the recent shootings in Canada or bombings in European countries. Even if its illegal to own weapons it's still pretty damn easy to obtain one or make one. No matter where you live. Great you make guns illegal? People will just step around that law and obtain the next best thing. This is a global issue that unfortunately is going to be around until we all go extinct.

You may now disagree with me!

Also my condolences to all the victims that were injured and killed in this senseless act.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Psychos will be psychos regardless of what generalization you make on Americans. If Americans aren't able to legally own a gun, that just makes it easier for the bad guys to go on a rampage because as Rick said, they will STILL get ahold of weapons. Marijuana, crack, meth, etc is illegal but that doesn't stop drug addicts from getting it. Gun rights do not open more doors for psychos. It opens more doors for protecting yourself against them which is what people SHOULD be doing. If everyone at the theater were packing heat, for protection, that guy would have not had a chance.

Also, I'm pretty sure bombs are illegal but that doesn't stop people from making them. Look at the Columbine incident, the guys made pipe bombs. Before anyone uses the argument of "Well with that logic why not make bombs legal". Common sense, that's why.

Lastly, there are places alot more violent than America. Yeah, crazy I know.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I really don't follow the argument of "To stop lunatics with guns we should give more people guns."
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Yeah, I don't follow the argument of let the innocent people be defenseless against criminals either. That's like saying ban the internet just because some people pirate stuff. Outlawing guns also increases the chance that the criminal would be someone who's SUPPOSED to be protecting you. Like crooked cops.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

The less people with guns the better. I've always hated them, did my head in when I was a kid and all my mate and brothers were obsessed by the toys of them. I never saw the point. As a teenager loads of people near me started buying pellet guns and some dickhead would always be pointing it at someone trying to intimidate them, you can just see the power trip some people go on when they know they have the power to hurt you. I'm glad you don't see many real guns in this country.
Tic Tac, sir?