Gunman Kills, Injures Movie Goers in Colarado Movie Theater

What it says on the tin...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Wrath Oskvro wrote: If everyone at the theater were packing heat, for protection, that guy would have not had a chance.
Wow, isn't that quite the utopia. Yeah great, so every time you go to the cinema everyone sitting around you has a handgun on them just in case there's that 1 in a million chance the local lunatic's escaped the asylum. I'm gonna make a bit of a guess here and suggest maybe if everyone left the house with a gun psychos would not be the main cause of firearm related death.
Tic Tac, sir?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I forget which country it is but there is a country where nearly everyone carries a gun on them, and they've got one of the lowest crime rates because of it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:If everyone at the theater were packing heat, for protection, that guy would have not had a chance.
Yea no. I also disagree with this. The chances of a psycho are small and it just brings a bad message. Like i said i agree with this right to protect yourself, friends, family etc. but bringing weapons to a innocent place like a theater where you're supposed to have a good time and escape reality just shows you're more paranoid and the chances of accidents are much much higher.

"wow that guy look suspicious!" BANG This WILL happen if people start bringing weapons everywhere and it goes against my argument. It shows you cannot be trusted and that you are not responsible enough to own a weapon.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

The main reason why I say that is because, I forget where it is but there is a place where almost everyone open carries and because of that they have an extremely small crime rate. I'm simply thinking black and white.

On the grey area though people need to be regulated when they own a gun. Not just by passing a test either. I don't know how the process works exactly because I don't own one, but there should be extensive background checks, both criminal and medical. Assuming this guy had no history of any sort though, then it's a rare occurrence and because of one dumbfuck not everyone in the country should be punished. No guns, no murders? Well, bombs are the next best thing and things can easily be imported.

o_o I'm going to just be the silly American and agree to disagree. There is no winning argument with guns anyway. It's 50/50 no matter how you look at it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Well back in the day it was normal here to carry weapons on you. Especially when we started going west do to the dangers and the unknown. You all seen western movies and they're accurate. There was a shootout almost everyday and it just became a normal thing in life for them. But that was then this is now. Life has changed drastically.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I was referring to a country that still does it today. Which one it is though I'm not sure.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I know :) im just saying it was normal here once also.
But I should say this every country is different. Some countries people are responsible (especially small peaceful countries where community's are very important) but due to our giant population and different culture in every state sorry to say i dont think that will happen here. Crime rate will not go down. :/
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah the accident was terrible. I also can't believe someone would do such things. Funny thing is, I saw a documentary about American and gun laws just recently at school called "Bowling for Columbine." Was pretty nice. But yeah, I'm the person who disagrees with Gun laws.