Old Vs New

What it says on the tin...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Old Vs New

Post by Gonic »

The point of this thread is to discuss the pro's and cons of a old movie/game and compare it to its remake and so forth and then give your opinion on which you think is the better film (yes i got the idea off nostalgic critic).

For example:
Spiderman (2002) Vs Spiderman (2012)
Spiderman 2002 had more spider man then the 2012 film etc...(these arnt actually my thoughts of them films)

So yeah...thread start!
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

How long till someone says Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) vs Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Ah, two posts it seems.... :P
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) wasnt a remake tho :P
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I haven't seen The Amazing Spiderman yet but I'll take almost anything over the Toby Mcguire crap. I'm sorry but he's a bitch of an actor and he makes Spiderman look like a bitch of a character.

Anywho o-o Christopher Nolan's Batman = Way better than Joe Shoemacher's.

Now as far as games.. Virtua Fighter gets better and better with every new one they make so New > Old in this case. The series made a HUGE leap over the predecessors with 4.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I dunno about the last couple of VF games. They made quite big jumps from each game to the other in the first 3, but 4 and 5 are really conservative improvements in comparison. It seems like they went back a bit even with 4, when they got rid of the variable arenas and dodge button. Great series, but could have done more recently.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Not sure if this counts but what the hell eh? :P

Crash Bandicoot (Naughty Dog Era) vs. Crash Bandicoot (Activision Era)

Originals kick Activison's ass any day. For starters, the the damn pop culture jokes got old real fast in the Activison games. Gameplay in the new ones was way to repetitive. Characterization in the newer ones are crap and just are not engaging enough.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

its always graphics/effects over story/autenthicity imo

eg: thats why I like the 1994 fantastic four movie 1000 times more than the 2005 remake
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Ys: The Oath in Felghana is leaps and bounds better than Ys III: The Wanderers of Ys. Which isn't surprising since Ys III was pretty bad and a rather weird turn for the Ys franchise to make (and was quickly corrected). Ys didn't really get amazing until VI though, so it makes sense a remake of III using the same engine and systems was going to be better.

edit: oh not really a remake but Harvest Moon now is a lot worse than it was back when. It seems Natsume don't want to make just another Harvest Moon, which is admirable, but whatever new stuff they try usually ends up being crap. It's like, they keep adding this stuff, but forget it was the almost "arcady" style of gameplay that made the originals so good. They're just adding all these extra layers which isn't needed... It's kinda like the Sonic franchise really (Harvest Moon DS = Sonic '06).

Rune Factory is pretty cool though, really need to get the sequels at some point to see if they improved the farming any.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote: Anywho o-o Christopher Nolan's Batman = Way better than Joe Shoemacher's.
But Adam West Batman will always reign supreme.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Actually I prefer Christopher Nolan's over Adam West. Adam West Batman is good but I like the more serious approach.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.