Sonic Adventure 3 thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Hmm, even if someone at SEGA has the guts to do something like that I doubt it would happen. It feels like SEGA are pushing hard for Sonic to be an annual release (This year's entry being the racing sequel) when you're stuck with tight time constraints it's hard for anything "Great" to come out of it. On the other hand, lengthy dev times don't always assume a fantastic product.

Sorry, rambling a little there.
I agree. Look at Duke Nukem Forever (if that's a reasonable example)

If Sonic Team can just, you know, take a breather every now and then with developing Sonic games than that be dandy. But this is such a Cash Cow franchise that having one games out every year is a must.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Hmm, even if someone at SEGA has the guts to do something like that I doubt it would happen. It feels like SEGA are pushing hard for Sonic to be an annual release (This year's entry being the racing sequel) when you're stuck with tight time constraints it's hard for anything "Great" to come out of it. On the other hand, lengthy dev times don't always assume a fantastic product.

Sorry, rambling a little there.
Well the racing game is by a different dev so it's not like Sonic Team are too limited for time. Even if they were, if Generations was well made, they'd have no troubles making a sequel in a short amount of time since a lot of it would be done already. The problem is Sonic Team have some sort of ADD and insist of reinventing (breaking) the wheel all the time and won't just stick to one gameplay type.
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well let's see... where to begin. Uh... Well than.

Being the huge sonic fan I am, especially from the Sonic Adventure era, I would of course, love the idea of a proper Sonic Adventure 3 with the same gameplay mechanics, good story, nice roster of characters, chao garden and everything that made the Sonic Adventure series epic and enjoyable. I truly do loved that free feeling to move and still that sense of speed. It was indeed great.
ok im sorry i over reacted but what QoW said that is what i expected to hear when i started this thread. but if you knew me SA2B was the only sonic game i played for like ever so when i heard it was gonna get another in the series i was over-joyed. i dont hate sonic like i said i over reacted but it still pisses me off that everyone, ok not everyone has something to hate on sonic for i mean someone got mad cause he got green eyes. well maybe ill start a new thread about making a new sa3 that we want maybe it will get RS more famous if we create a sa3 fan game!

really sorry guys im so trully sorry plz forgive me?
:guitar: sonic is still rockin
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

ok guys i thought i would make this so we could think of the sonic adventure 3 story plot(if SEGA doesnt first)and i might just make a flash game as im learning in the game design department! (if SEGA doesnt first)

now ill let you guys start.

but lets try and think like a dev team first!

GET THINKING AND LETS HAVE FUN! :biggrin:
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I do accept your apology, but please take what I'm about to say not as insulting you and aswords of clarity instead.

"well maybe ill start a new thread about making a new sa3 that we want maybe it will get RS more famous if we create a sa3 fan game!"

RadioSEGA won't get 'famous' for creating a fangame based upon something that has no reason to be made. In fact it'll be the other way around.

An SA3 fan-game that 'we want' wouldn't work here either, since A) most of us aren't skilled enough in this sort of development to create a game of this scale. B) There are better places to try this, like Sonic Retro. And C) There are fans who don't want a SA3 at all, if some members here pointed out.

I know how much love you have for the Adventure series, but this is really grasping at straws.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote: Agreed. That post shows that our little BSF has come a long way. I'm proud of ya, kid!
TheChaosBlue wrote:You sure matured QoW....good for you.

*Forces himself to not blush* Oh... you guys.... hur... :blush:

*Ahem* Moving on...
thesonicfan209 wrote:ok im sorry i over reacted but what QoW said that is what i expected to hear when i started this thread. but if you knew me SA2B was the only sonic game i played for like ever so when i heard it was gonna get another in the series i was over-joyed. i dont hate sonic like i said i over reacted but it still pisses me off that everyone, ok not everyone has something to hate on sonic for i mean someone got mad cause he got green eyes. well maybe ill start a new thread about making a new sa3 that we want maybe it will get RS more famous if we create a sa3 fan game!
Mate, if anyone was to tell me that they wanted to make an SA3 fan game, I'd tell them to go for it... but you can't just think we could possibly do that. Radiosega is a Radio website, not a game production. And even if so, I highly doubt we have the required skills to pull off something like that. You need musicians, artists, programmers. We just don't have that all...(Though thinking about it, we actually do have a few...).

Plus, none of us really agreed on this. Again, if you want to go and do it alone, you're welcome to do so but I'm afraid as much as an SA3 fan game isn't something that bothers me, I just don't see others agreeing to it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

As the new 3D stages has worked so well for Sonic Team i just dont see a Adventure game happening. If it does, maybe more choa garden? :O
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Hmmm I don't think this is a good idea....
But still...
Tails and Amy have been captured by Eggman, Knuckles has been tricked again by Eggman, thinking that Sonic is the bad guy(like he didn't know Sonic well enough...) Then Shadow........
Continue it!
(Also, a DOOM or SRB2 mod would be better than a flash, you make the textures and the "maps", and I port them!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I would rather have a Choa Garden separate, like some downloadable sim thing.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:I would rather have a Choa Garden separate, like some downloadable sim thing.
Agreed. I'm sure we mentioned the idea previously in another thread. It'd be ideal for XBLA/PSN, plus that means SEGA can remove all the unnecessary Sonic rubbish!