Sonic Adventure 3 thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Generations is a good template for SA3 to use. Let's face it, free roaming in previous Sonic games was tedious. A simple stage select is fine. Also Storywise? Personally I'd like to see a bit more background on Eggman Nega, he's more ruthless then normal Eggman. As long as it doesn't have a stupid storyline like Sonic'06 had. Overly complicated and unesscary for a sonic game.

Also, NO. MORE. NEW. CHARCHTErRS. The sonic universe is plagued with them and about 20% of them are interesting
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yes, I suppose a proper chao garden wouldn't hurt. But really, a chao garden without the sonic levels to get the little flicky animals in isn't that useful in my opinion that is.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

IF Eggman Nega is brought in, chances are Blaze will be put in the game too since they are from the same universe. Now as far as I'm aware, Eggman Nega only made an appearance in the handheld games. So I wouldn't expect him in SA3.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

There are other, better, ways that could be implemented so the player can get drives/animals.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I'll be merging this SA3 thread and the other one (which incidentally was made by the same user), which is why I will close this for now, until I merged both of them.

Edit: And done.
Gonic wrote:Also, NO. MORE. NEW. CHARCHTErRS. The sonic universe is plagued with them and about 20% of them are interesting
They're only not interesting because they're not given depth/personality. A lot of the concepts and archetypes I can get behind, but characters don't mesh well with platforming (even if it does have RPG elements), as there's very little opportunity to actually flesh them out.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

guys i want to let you know that i started a thread on some other sonic forum and were comin up with good ideas so if you want to go ahead and lock this forum. its fine!

well actually i just gave up (thread is true though) cause i dont want to get bitched at from a shit ton of fans and then sued by sega
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

Option wrote:I'll be merging this SA3 thread and the other one (which incidentally was made by the same user), which is why I will close this for now, until I merged both of them.
no offence but you merged them weird

i want to let you guys know that i started a thread on some other sonic forum and were comin up with good ideas so if you want to go ahead and lock this forum. its fine!

well actually i just gave up (thread is true though) cause i dont want to get bitched at from a shit ton of fans and then sued by sega
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

^...what?
They're only not interesting because they're not given depth/personality. A lot of the concepts and archetypes I can get behind, but characters don't mesh well with platforming (even if it does have RPG elements), as there's very little opportunity to actually flesh them out.
Hence why i said no more new ones. If they kept them to a minimum, some characters might actually get some development an interesting. Cant expect much from a sonic game tho
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

thesonicfan209 wrote:no offence but you merged them weird
I can only merge them like I did, there's no other tools for me to do merge them differently.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

With what they got, the only character that can be played well in the current formula is Shadow. Even then , he'll probably be nothing more than a skin of Sonic with extra powers.

And thesonicfan, I have to see that thread on the other website; I'm intrigued by what you can come up with honestly.