Sonic Adventure 3 thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I dunno why SA"3" even needs to exist, Generations/Colours are a lot better than any Adventure game ever was.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

BurningFlame2010 wrote:One of the makers said he wanted to move from that style of play so it looks like we'll get more than just the Hedgehog engine, maybe
Oh I do hope so, I'm getting tired of the same sort of gameplay that we've had in the current gen. I miss the last gen engines.
Which were more free-roaming.
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

Sonic adventure 3? I wouldn't get my hopes up, but who knows sega did surprise us with sonic 4 after all those years, but still i don't think so
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Teirusu wrote:If they had time for finish it, would had been a great game...but the game explain itself in wave
ocean

"Darn we aren't gonna make it, lets spee up!"

but anyway, without bugs...no one modern game can be compared with SA saga.
Even if they had time to finish it...the story would still be suckish, the gameplay would probably be better but not great and physics wouldn't be top notch anyway.
Dr Shaneman wrote:If we do get an SA3 it'll just be dash sections as always. It won't be what we really want.
Hold forward, home in on a few bots. Race to the goal ring in under 2 minutes.
Personally I don't think we'll ever see an SA3 in our life time because as Reknoc said, we got Sonic '06 instead which is what SA3 would have been.
2006 has the gameplay, but it wasn't called SA3. ANY Sonic game could be SA3 and not have the 'Advenuture' gameplay, and vice versa at this point. 2006 is an example of that.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

2006 did have the town sections like SA1 had adventure fields mind you.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

For me it would be another Sonic game, the title shouldn't matter.

I'm impressed how a name like "Sonic Adventure" still creates such excitment.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

BluePuyo wrote:I'm impressed how a name like "Sonic Adventure" still creates such excitment.
Because a lot of the fans would expect it to be like the Sonic they knew from that era instead of what we have now.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Because a lot of the fans would expect it to be like the Sonic they knew from that era instead of what we have now.
Those fans can't just accept change?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Teirusu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Teirusu »

In my case I accept the change, another thing is if I like or I dislike it. I played all the games after SA...and no one catch my attention. I played, I enjoy...but for example no one make me feel the same that playing the end battle with "Live & Learn" in my ears, or understanding step by step the awesome storyline of SA1 (and again playing the end battle with "Open your heart".

I don't want atack any game or person, some people like colours, generations or any modern game more than SA. Is not my case. My case is..well...I don't hate modern Sonic, but no one is at the same lvl than SA saga. I'm like you said "want that Sonic era", but doesn't mean that I don't accept the change, we live in a continous change, and we can't stop it.

Anyway I explained in my introduction, more older, more I like the videogame (talking about Sonic), but we all know games need changes...Is funny We claim now classical Sonic, but when SEGA released Sonic 3, was inverted, people wanted a new Sonic...and Sonic R, 3D and Spinball born. Everything changes.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Teirusu wrote: I don't want atack any game or person, some people like colours, generations or any modern game more than SA. Is not my case. My case is..well...I don't hate modern Sonic, but no one is at the same lvl than SA saga. I'm like you said "want that Sonic era", but doesn't mean that I don't accept the change, we live in a continous change, and we can't stop it.
The Mega Drive/Genesis saga is kinda 'above' the SA saga, since most of the games on that system was built around one major story (The Death Egg Saga). And is the saga that I think gets a hell of lot less flak than the SA one.