RadioSEGA Community Music Album

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RadioSEGA Community Music Album

Post by SimonShirley »

UPDATE!! (post reworded from SonicRemix below)
SonicRemix wrote:original post

We have been set the task by the Sonic Stadium's very own VizardJeffhog and Sonic and Shadow from Sonic Radio to create a RadioSEGA Collaborative Music Album.

I believe this album has to be SEGA related, being a SEGA fansite (although I should probably check with him) and is to be aired publically in November.

If you would like to contribute, feel free to reply. The only entry requirement is that you are a member of the RadioSEGA or the Sonic Radio community.

I shall update this post with the submissions received. To send in a submission, please email the track itself to foreversonic@fastfeetmedia.net, or a link to the upload (YouTube, SoundCloud, etc) by email or a reply. I will collect all the entries and ask VizardJeffhog to join me on air for the first playthrough. Tracks will be listed here in a random order until finalised (after October).

When TSS did their album, they also accepted cover art for the virtual CD, so if you would like to submit art, you can do that as well via the same methods.

-------

So after discussing about it, we decided that Sonic Radio AND RadioSEGA will work TOGETHER on this album! Isn't that awesome?

And while things are open to submit what you want, SonicRemix has a few requests/suggestions, if anyone's looking for a challenge for remixes:
Orchestra DnB style (Ex. “Solaris Phase 2″, “Super Sonic vs Perfect Dark Gaia”, “vs Nega Wisp Armor, Phase 2&#8243 ;) – some of my favorite Sonic songs were done in this style, and I would rock out every time. I would love to see something like this, particuarly with other Sonic themes, such as “Live and Learn” =D
Crush 40 style songs – This would be especially applied to some of the older generation of Sonic music, especially with Sonic theme songs that could be extended, such as the original theme song to “Sonic the Hedgehog”. I made a challenge of this once, and got no response. An alternative is rock-style music.
Vocal music – Hilarious or serious lyrics, I love it when a remixer is able to tackle a song and sing it. Either doing a vocal song, or coming up with lyrics to a previously instrumental song, I think its awesome and would love to see some in the Sonic Radio album!
Sonic R music – Some of the heart and soul of Sonic Radio stemmed from Sonic R, and seeing any of the songs remixed, ESPECIALLY “Super Sonic Racing” would be a definite plus.
These are MERELY OPTIONAL SUGGESTIONS, and are NOT REQUIRED!

You can send entries to either by linking to submissions in replies, or contacting ForeverSonic or SonicRemix at sonicremix [at] sonicradio [dot] net.

Thanks guys, and I look forward to working with RadioSEGA on this project!

------------

Edit: As the album is to be aired in November, it would help if there was a deadline, as quite rightly pointed out by SilverSonic. The deadline for submissions will be the last day of October.

Get creating!!

Current Submissions:

Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
SonicRemix
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SonicRemix »

Wait wait wait, hold on! I was talkin to Vizard last night about this, and I thought Sonic Radio was gonna cover the November release (cause of the anniversary December 5th) and Radio SEGA was covering a May release? I'm confused now on who's covering what.
~Sonic Remix
Sonic Radio
Attitude at the Speed of Sound
ZonicZoneCop
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ZonicZoneCop »

I wish I could remix...alas, I can only sing~
Float like a bulldozer
VizardJeffhog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VizardJeffhog »

SonicRemix wrote:Wait wait wait, hold on! I was talkin to Vizard last night about this, and I thought Sonic Radio was gonna cover the November release (cause of the anniversary December 5th) and Radio SEGA was covering a May release? I'm confused now on who's covering what.
I'll explain. xD;;

Thing is, I said either Sonic Retro or RadioSEGA could cover May or November. It really depends. xD; Before we can get anything started, we'll need to have a plan set.

Though I can see RadioSEGA going the extra mile to integrate other communities in if their numbers aren't that great - Sonic Radio and NiGHTS into Dreams are two who I have in mind to come together on this end.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

(I sticked this cuz this is a pretty big deal here!) As for suggestions, I already thought of DJ EAR, Rexy, and probably Digi Valentine. SilverSonic, I believe, is already on board with this!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I suggest we get in touch with Amphibious as well. After all, we interviewed him for SFC a few weeks ago.
Also, another great idea, Jeff! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

It does indeed sound cool and I'm game for providing a track for this, but again with Sonic Radio presumably conflicting for the November slot it'll be easier if we tried to get a clear understanding between the two sites' plans and what would be seen as the key theme for this one. There was a lot of confusion over Twitter when Jeff provided the initial plans, so it's best to wait on his response for any added clarification.
VizardJeffhog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VizardJeffhog »

Looks like FS and SR worked it out and will be pulling the effort of an album together. :D
SonicRemix
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SonicRemix »

So after discussing about it, we decided that Sonic Radio AND Radio SEGA will work TOGETHER on this album! Isn't that awesome?

An update to the entry requirement is that you can also be from Sonic Radio community (Either or!)

And while things are open to submit what you want, I do have a few requests/suggestions, if anyone's looking for a challenge for remixes:

Orchestra DnB style (Ex. “Solaris Phase 2″, “Super Sonic vs Perfect Dark Gaia”, “vs Nega Wisp Armor, Phase 2&#8243 ;) – some of my favorite Sonic songs were done in this style, and I would rock out every time. I would love to see something like this, particuarly with other Sonic themes, such as “Live and Learn” =D

Crush 40 style songs – This would be especially applied to some of the older generation of Sonic music, especially with Sonic theme songs that could be extended, such as the original theme song to “Sonic the Hedgehog”. I made a challenge of this once, and got no response. An alternative is rock-style music.

Vocal music – Hilarious or serious lyrics, I love it when a remixer is able to tackle a song and sing it. Either doing a vocal song, or coming up with lyrics to a previously instrumental song, I think its awesome and would love to see some in the Sonic Radio album!

Sonic R music – Some of the heart and soul of Sonic Radio stemmed from Sonic R, and seeing any of the songs remixed, ESPECIALLY “Super Sonic Racing” would be a definite plus.

As I said, these are MERELY OPTIONAL SUGGESTIONS, and are NOT REQUIRED!

You can send entries to either ForeverSonic or myself "sonicremix@sonicradio.net".

Thanks guys, and I look forward to working with RadioSEGA on this project!
~Sonic Remix
Sonic Radio
Attitude at the Speed of Sound
VizardJeffhog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VizardJeffhog »

Only the greatest thing ever! >D

Now waiting for Scarred Sun's response for a Retro album in May... If yes, looks like the Sonic Community Sound Cycle Initiative​ will come to be!